Page 52 of 312 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Missed connection

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Me: riding to work happily in the cold.
    You: in a house somewhere along my route, with what looked like a very active dryer vent but which smelled very strongly of MJ. I don't know what you were doing, but carry on sir.

Post Thanks / Like

The dip in the Custis Trail by the Ed Center in Arlington pretty much constantly smells like MJ, I think someone may have planted some hemp...for some...eh...rope up in the old bamboo forest.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pfunkallstar View Post
    The dip in the Custis Trail by the Ed Center in Arlington pretty much constantly smells like MJ, I think someone may have planted some hemp...for some...eh...rope up in the old bamboo forest.
    Can you be much more specific on that location please?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Can you be much more specific on that location please?
    Global warming. Hemp plants are budding everywhere. Oh man he MJ crop is going to be bad this year.

Post Thanks / Like

After a miserable run Tuesday night, I totally wimped yesterday and drove to work. Driving home yesterday PM on the GW Parkway there was a car swerving, speeding up, slowing down. People are lane changing like crazy to avoid it. I pass. It's a lady doing her nails. Guess she had a hot date. I've heard of stuff like this but never actually saw it before (other than cell phone users, of course). On a road with cyclists she could have easily killed someone. Gack.

Live: Palisades, DC | Work: West End (21 & L)
    Post Thanks / Like

You:
    The woman riding the Red Schwinn MTB frame out at Hains Point, even on dreary evenings like this one when there is no one else around. Just moving along at your own pace - never too fast.

Seeing you out there always makes my day a little better.

Post Thanks / Like

You: Friend (but-you-don't-know-it) on the blue road bike with white shirt
    Me: The guy in the orange jacket absentmindedly drafting you after the Corkscrew of Doom

Sorry. I really am sorry that I drafted you. I didn't mean anything by it, I got a new job today and was just pedaling along thinking about lots of other stuff, I should have been paying more attention. That was my fault, apologies.

I would have happily passed you, but your furious F-bombs-of-fury made me want to at least ask "How are you doing?" I don't think your are a "stuck up asshole" as you said, rather, I think you are a guy who needs a friend, ear, and good ride.

I hope the rest of your ride went well, like I said, I hope civility wins out.

Keep on trucking...as if you would ever stop trucking

BEST!

PFUNKALLSTAR

Post Thanks / Like

Me: Riding my fully loaded Surly home on the W&OD and not feeling the greatest because of a cold and I forgot my water bottle on the warmest day in months.

You: Riding what appeared to be a recent model Cannondale with green trim. You told me to work on my cadence as you sped by.

Me: Wondering what was meant by your comment. Too slow? Not smooth enough? Concluding that I am too tired to care, but a little more detail would have been helpful.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

You: Highly visible cyclist with your pants tucked into your athletic socks heading north on 15th NW

Me: Behind you on the CaBi

Does that whole "spitting on cars parked illegally in the bike lane" thing really get you anywhere? I guess you had a lot of spit saved up from blowing every red light from R to Columbia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pfunkallstar View Post

I would have happily passed you, but your furious F-bombs-of-fury made me want to at least ask "How are you doing?" I don't think your are a "stuck up asshole" as you said, rather, I think you are a guy who needs a friend, ear, and good ride.
    This sounds a lot like the angry guy I passed a few weeks ago. We need to come up with a name for this guy. He certainly does hate people behind him.