Likes Likes:  2,027
Dislikes Dislikes:  38
ELITE ELITE:  125
Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Was not stellar last night. Got a flat in front of the Lincoln Memorial at which point Glargon Lord of Sky Tears decided to rain more of his despair down upon me. The culprit - a fricking shark tooth - EXPLAIN THAT ONE SCIENCE!

Post Thanks / Like

2 explanations

1. Some poor Touron kid is missing his trip souvenir.
    2. #waroncars trap setup by sharks

Quote Originally Posted by pfunkallstar View Post
    Was not stellar last night. Got a flat in front of the Lincoln Memorial at which point Glargon Lord of Sky Tears decided to rain more of his despair down upon me. The culprit - a fricking shark tooth - EXPLAIN THAT ONE SCIENCE!
    Last edited by jopamora; 05-01-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: "hashtag"

Post Thanks / Like

Prelude to sharkanado. You have been warned.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sharks didn't want the Jets that are always flying into Dirt's head to have all the fun.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Due to some changes of plan involving rain, and some forgetfulness, I ended up with more clothes at work than I wanted, so for the first time I took a full set of clothes including shoes in my backpack along with me on the evening commute. Despite that I felt good on the hills, though a LOT of people passed me on the Mason Bridge. Never saw so many cyclists at the Pentagon bus station before - besides me, I noted five others.

bad news - first time I'd looked at my bike since my spill on Friday (I had left it at work all week) and it was not completely unscathed - some very visible scratches on the left shifter, some more minor ones on the right shifter and the bell.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots and lots of bikes on the trails on the home commute which was really good to see. Even better is that with the enhanced numbers, most were considerate of both their fellow riders and other users of the trails. And the warm temperatures were kind to my old bones.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was drafting off of a Segway peloton. Ten Segways and a CaBi. Sounds like the opening line of a joke, but it was really the opening line of a furious rush of speed. 5 mph baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Southeast Breeze, my new secret, sexy afternoon lover...

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to register a complaint. I am not getting enough protein via gnat vacuum intake (i.e., my nose and mouth). If I had eaten all of the gnats out there today, I would have only taken in about 1,500 grams of protein. That's not enough for a hard-pedaling cyclist. CaBi bikes are heavy. I need more protein!

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    I'd like to register a complaint. I am not getting enough protein via gnat vacuum intake (i.e., my nose and mouth). If I had eaten all of the gnats out there today, I would have only taken in about 1,500 grams of protein. That's not enough for a hard-pedaling cyclist. CaBi bikes are heavy. I need more protein!
    Please start eating some of the wasps and other biting bugs around here; they are bigger and have lots more protein. I've been bitten twice while biking in unmentionable places