Likes Likes:  2,065
Dislikes Dislikes:  38
ELITE ELITE:  125
Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1920

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    So these are the WTB Riddlers. They were what Bill recommended. Or actually maybe Brian first... But they're from Contes. And Bill is on vacation :-/

I ordered another of the same one, since overall they ride well. But I am interested in changing them out, since I have had some leakage issues as well.
    Not much in the way of tread, but I like Rene Herse tires (formerly Compass). I've used the standard casing Barlow Passes (38mm width) and they've been great. hozn is a fan as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the list of owners of issue-laden Riddlers. I still have a 37 on the rear of one bike, but had to take off and ditch the 43 on the front tire because it wobbled so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Not much in the way of tread, but I like Rene Herse tires (formerly Compass). I've used the standard casing Barlow Passes (38mm width) and they've been great. hozn is a fan as well.
    Did you use them tubeless?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Did you use them tubeless?
    Yup, never with tubes. Was going to link you to this thread, but then realized you started it . I've also enjoyed the G-One all-arounds (38mm) for a little more grip cornering, but still not bad on pavement.

There's also a lot on this thread (not sure if you've posted on it).

(sorry for continuing the thread hijacking)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Fun fact: This happened AGAIN. This time to the front tire, so of course it's out of warranty . I'm replacing it, but the staff at the bike shop wasn't helpful on figuring out new tires since I'm not sure I trust this model anymore. They claim it might just be a "bad batch" since the front tire and failed rear one were bought together. I'm not happy though.
    Dang, that sucks. Itís worth keeping the bad tire. There should be a serial number/lot number screened inside the carcass. Could be worth letting WTB know, especially if you experienced the same failure mode on two different tires. Itís a popular OEM spec tire too, so Iíll definitely be keeping an eye out for similar bulges. So far I havenít seen it on mine or the OEM models.

If youíre looking for something different Iíve used the G-One Allround 38c and Donnelly Strada USH 40c. Both worked without issue for me. The G-One feels a little lighter and suppler and the Strada USH is thicker in the middle and may be more puncture resistant. I did have a G-One deform and fail for a customer and in the past they havenít paired up brilliantly with Stanís rims.

Compass tires have their fans. Theyíre supposed to be incredibly smooth and supple, but also delicate. They also offer a durable compound. I havenít ridden them so canít comment firsthand.

6. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Observed last night on the new fenceposts at DCA.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_163845.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	20500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_163738.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	20501

Although the airport isn't getting much service from the new fence, it is good to see somebody is finding it useful.

8. Likes consularrider, josh, dasgeh, Judd liked this post
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Observed last night on the new fenceposts at DCA.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_163845.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	20500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191114_163738.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	20501

Although the airport isn't getting much service from the new fence, it is good to see somebody is finding it useful.
    Saw that guy feasting on a pigeon at Gravelly Point last Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The guy on the left or the guy on the right?

11. Likes Steve O, Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    pigeon - even more natural than a Kind Bar

Post Thanks / Like

Me: slowing to a halt in front of my condo building after a dark, wet ride home.

You: driver in a maroon SUV that had been behind me at the last traffic light, now slowing down next to me and rolling down your passenger-side window.

Me: reflexively tensing up, expecting verbal abuse or worse.

You, brightly: "I like the reflectors on your bike! You're really easy to see on the road!"

Me, caught off guard: "Oh! Um . . . thanks!"

It later occurred to me that I should have asked her to be more specific. Paranoid cyclist that I am, I had nine different illuminating or reflective things on my bike or me: headlight, taillight, hi-viz Ortlieb panniers, reflective stripes on my rain pants, Monkey light on my front wheel, FS zipper pulls, reflective bits on my bar mitts, reflective slap bracelet, and plastic spoke reflectors. Possibly overkill, but at least now I have independent confirmation that *something* is working.

14. Likes LhasaCM, Steve O liked this post