Likes Likes:  2,053
Dislikes Dislikes:  38
ELITE ELITE:  125
Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191
Results 1,901 to 1,903 of 1903

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

A very nice Thursday commute home with a friendly twist. On my extended route home, my turnaround point to leave MVT was cutting through LBJG to the Pentagon, then take Boundary Channel Drive under 395 to Long Bridge Dr into Crystal City to 12th Street to Eads back to 4MR...
    As I pulled out of the LBJG Virginia-side parking lot, I spotted a kitted-out cyclist in the distance, but bearing down on an intersect with me. I watched in the side-view mirror as he gained on me (I bike home on the e-bike mostly without assist nowadays, but when in a roadway like Boundary Channel, I take Level 1/lowest assist.) As we passed the 2 flag poles / ceremonial stairs leading down to the marina on the left, he said something I couldn't make out, from behind me. I kept pedaling, figuring I was probably in for a snarky "cheater!" comment (as the only times that's been shouted my way, it has always come from fully-kitted, fully-tucked, racing/road cyclists flying past me.)
    But happily, instead, he just started chatting... Asked if I was commuting or just riding for fun. Remarked on how blissfully smooth Boundary Channel Dr now is under 395 since the repaving (amen!) Then asked if "that was an electric bike?" So I relayed the Reader's Digest condensed version of my decision to buy an e-bike given my physical state back in March 2018, and the 50 pounds lost & 6,500 miles biked since then, etc., and then the recent re-introduction of my '92 Bianchi... We continued chatting all the way down Long Br. to 12th Street, where he had to go left while I went right. I can't recall encountering such a friendly cyclist (ie, while in sustained motion -- the forum Coffee Clubs here are full of them, of course!) before...!

2. Likes Emm, KWL, buschwacker, LhasaCM, chris_s, Steve O liked this post
    Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    I can't recall encountering such a friendly cyclist (ie, while in sustained motion -- the forum Coffee Clubs here are full of them, of course!) before...!
    So did you invite him to coffee club?

Post Thanks / Like

hehe... we didn't stop chatting long enough to change topics, and then suddenly we had to part ways at the green light...