Likes Likes:  2,027
Dislikes Dislikes:  38
ELITE ELITE:  125
Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 1,881 to 1,883 of 1883

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Well, today I was glad that I commute via bicycle. Rode out of the parking garage and saw that Army-Navy drive was completely backed-up heading towards the highways and the air smelled smoky or something. Then noticed that Washington Blvd was all backed up heading into the city, Rt 50 was all backed up both directions, I-66 all backed up heading into DC. I had a fast, lovely commute home.
    Upon return I heard about the overturned tanker on 495 and several other accidents. Wow.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Well, today I was glad that I commute via bicycle. Rode out of the parking garage and saw that Army-Navy drive was completely backed-up heading towards the highways and the air smelled smoky or something. Then noticed that Washington Blvd was all backed up heading into the city, Rt 50 was all backed up both directions, I-66 all backed up heading into DC. I had a fast, lovely commute home.
    Upon return I heard about the overturned tanker on 495 and several other accidents. Wow.
    No kidding!! I did not know why either, but I exchanged happy comments with my fellow bike commuters along the way. Chatted with one lady at the top of the Rosslyn hill who had walked from DuPont Circle. I suggested she get herself a bike.
    It seemed similar to me as the day the suicide jumper closed the Woodrow Wilson Bridge.

3. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To the fella with the "#9" racing tag on the corner of the back of his shirt, heading West on the W&OD in Arlington... I had to slow down for that dog walker because the retractable leash was allowing the dog to randomly span the breadth of the trail. The only safe thing to do was to crawl past. I know it meant having to scrub off hard-earned momentum.
    My dinky Schwinn e-bike conversion was smoking you on the hills, too, even at half-throttle; that must have been insufferable, though you were riding faster downhill and on the straights, and insisted on cutting in front of me at West Falls Church. I wasn't racing, so I figured "screw it, let him <<win>>."
    Last edited by phog; 04-17-2019 at 08:37 PM.