Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183
Results 1,821 to 1,826 of 1826

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    riding up 11th street. bikes ahead of me just blow past stop signs.
    there was a pedestrian. waiting for someone to stop so she could cross.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    This happens to me many days. And I yield and wave them through as politely as I know how, and even though I look like a Krampus most of the time, at least they have a chance of knowing that not everyone on wheels is a complete *sshat. I have no doubt you do the same (except for the Krampus part, of course).

2. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Thursday was my first ever aborted commute, but I turned it into something positive. Multiple spokes broke on my rear wheel while I biked through Old Town, making it so that even when my rear brake was disengaged, the wheel was so out of true it still rubbed against the disengaged brake. I also didn't have a bike lock with me, so I called the person I'm living with to pick me up, and after 20 minutes of not reaching him, slowly biked to Belle Haven park with the idea I could hide my bike behind a tree and Uber home. The last 2 miles of my commute have a big uphill and some downhill segments on a busy road, so I did not feel safe biking on a very untrue wheel with no rear brake. Luckily I got called back and picked up right as I opened the Uber app. The fix at Spokes Etc was fast too. They just installed my spare wheel since we decided this wheel wasn't worth salvaging--this was not the first spoke issue I've had...

So this weekend I turned the broken wheel that ruined my Thursday night into a pretty Christmas wreath. It's a little larger and heavier than your standard wreath, but still fits on a door.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike wheel.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	15815

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    Last Thursday was my first ever aborted commute, but I turned it into something positive. Multiple spokes broke on my rear wheel while I biked through Old Town, making it so that even when my rear brake was disengaged, the wheel was so out of true it still rubbed against the disengaged brake. I also didn't have a bike lock with me, so I called the person I'm living with to pick me up, and after 20 minutes of not reaching him, slowly biked to Belle Haven park with the idea I could hide my bike behind a tree and Uber home. The last 2 miles of my commute have a big uphill and some downhill segments on a busy road, so I did not feel safe biking on a very untrue wheel with no rear brake. Luckily I got called back and picked up right as I opened the Uber app. The fix at Spokes Etc was fast too. They just installed my spare wheel since we decided this wheel wasn't worth salvaging--this was not the first spoke issue I've had...

So this weekend I turned the broken wheel that ruined my Thursday night into a pretty Christmas wreath. It's a little larger and heavier than your standard wreath, but still fits on a door.
    Yours came out really nice! This is the second time in a week that I've seen a wheel wreath, having never before seen one. I'll be digging up old wheels from my basement to make a few of my own

5. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    riding up 11th street. bikes ahead of me just blow past stop signs.
    there was a pedestrian. waiting for someone to stop so she could cross.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Helped make up for this AM. I was slowing to yield to a person in a mid-block crosswalk but noticed the car next me did not. Luckily, I shouted a warning and the person walking stopped in time.

7. Likes bentbike33, Tania, LhasaCM, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a such nice ride this morning and such an awful one on the way home. Any regular Mt Vernon Trail folks, watch out for this guy. http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...231#post169231

Post Thanks / Like

My evening commute would have been nicer if so many of my fellow cyclists hadn't apparently been intent on BLINDING me! Geez Louise folks, cover your headlight for oncoming cyclists, would ya?

That said, it was quite nice otherwise. Temp was just the right level of bracing, and I saw a bunny.
    Last edited by Drewdane; 12-04-2017 at 10:25 PM.