Page 159 of 167 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1661

Thread: My Evening Commute

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbb View Post
    Only if you are on Team Slacker!
    I'll never be a slacker

2. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was definitely not in Kansas anymore by the time I got across the 14th Street Bridge.
    Last edited by OneEighth; 01-26-2017 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Opting to go the long way home on 4MR and the WOD seemed like a good idea at the time

4. Likes Steve O, Judd, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My evening commute would have been a lot nicer if it hadn't started by discovering that someone had stolen my jacket, my Bar Mitts, my gloves, my headlight, and my Garmin --just in time for a ride in the dark, the cold, and the wind. The good news, such as it is, for tonight's ride, was that they left my heavy wool sweater, I have a Cycliq Fly 12 video camera and headlight (which I'd taken up to my office for a master reset and a charge, because it had been acting up) in addition to my regular headlight, and I have a watch which is also a Garmin. Longer term, the best news was that they left behind my Cycliq Fly 6 video camera and tail light, and my Ortlieb panniers, either of which was actually more valuable than the Bar Mitts.

I think I'll be taking my bike up to my office, instead of leaving it parked in the garage, until my firm moves to a new building which will have a bike cage.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-27-2017 at 07:49 AM.

6. Dislikes KLizotte disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The bigly winds are on Key Bridge. By the time it reaches Roosevelt Bridge, it's been lessened like 50% because of obstacles and the bend in the river. Skience Fakt.

8. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    My evening commute would have been a lot nicer if it hadn't started by discovering that someone had stolen my jacket, my Bar Mitts, my gloves, my headlight, and my Garmin --just in time for a ride in the dark, the cold, and the wind. The good news, such as it is, for tonight's ride, was that they left my heavy wool sweater, I have a Cycliq Fly 12 video camera and headlight (which I'd taken up to my office for a master reset and a charge, because it had been acting up) in addition to my regular headlight, and I have a watch which is also a Garmin. Longer term, the best news was that they left behind my Cycliq Fly 6 video camera and tail light, and my Ortlieb panniers, either of which was actually more valuable than the Bar Mitts.

I think I'll be taking my bike up to my office, instead of leaving it parked in the garage, until my firm moves to a new building which will have a bike cage.
    Wow, that's terrible. Especially if the thief is a fellow cyclist. Seriously evil.

10. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    Wow, that's terrible. Especially if the thief is a fellow cyclist. Seriously evil.
    Well, I don't know that the thief is a fellow cyclist. The person took my aging Bar Mitts, but left my nearly new Ortlieb panniers and Cycliq Fly6 video camera/tail light behind. I get the impression it was a noncyclist looking for things of obvious value to sell.

The good news is, I heard from my homeowner's insurance company today, and they will cover all of it except for the $250 deductible. So long as I replace it, they won't even deduct depreciation. So I actually get new Bar Mitts, etc.

12. Likes kwarkentien, huskerdont, Emm liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Well, I don't know that the thief is a fellow cyclist. The person took my aging Bar Mitts, but left my nearly new Ortlieb panniers and Cycliq Fly6 video camera/tail light behind. I get the impression it was a noncyclist looking for things of obvious value to sell.
    Too bad you didn't have the video running.
    This totally sucks, btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Too bad you didn't have the video running.
    This totally sucks, btw.
    Yeah, I don't think the battery would hold out if I left it running all day. Plus, having it on might just call a thief's attention to it.

As it is, homeowners insurance will cover most of the loss. And I'm bringing my bike up to my office until we move in February, after which I'll have access to a secure bike cage.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad...Then Good

Friday's commute home started with cars acting crazy in Georgetown and Key Bridge pedestrians being oblivious (yeah, I elbowed the one in the white shoes), but then brightened significantly with passing & greeting a daily commuter friend, catching a glorious sunset on the memorials & monuments and then meeting up with a fellow Freezing Saddles friend. It all turned out good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-27a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	13466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-27b.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	13467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-27d.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	13468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-27 d.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	13469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-27e.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	13470  

16. Likes streetsmarts, bobco85, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww that's me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes kwarkentien liked this post