Page 184 of 186 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1854

Thread: My Evening Commute

  1. #1831
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow! Sounds like you were very lucky. Hope you’re feeling OK today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1832
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Holy smokes. That sounds terrifying. Hope you are not badly hurt from the flip. (Also sorry that you were stuck at work 'til 11:30 pm...ugh!). Sending hugs. w&w

  3. #1833
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    1,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, banged up knee seems to be the extent of my injuries. But the shock of it all was enough that I didn't actually notice that I was bleeding for a couple of hours.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knee.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	15964

  4. #1834
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    alexandria
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Well, banged up knee seems to be the extent of my injuries. But the shock of it all was enough that I didn't actually notice that I was bleeding for a couple of hours.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knee.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	15964
    that's terrible!. sorry to hear but glad you weren't hurt any worse.

    re taking a shuttle bus...would that mean taking the metro back or forward a stop and then getting a shuttle bus?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  5. #1835
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    1,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    that's terrible!. sorry to hear but glad you weren't hurt any worse.

    re taking a shuttle bus...would that mean taking the metro back or forward a stop and then getting a shuttle bus?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Yes, that would be the idea.

  6. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
  7. #1836
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry about hearing that you got hurt. I hope you get well soon.

    In the few times I used metro, I learned to use my brakes while on the train, so my bike doesn't move around. That's easy to do for short trips. If I was a daily commuter, I would use Velcro straps to squeeze the brakes. I used the escalator maybe one time or two, in one I carried my bike(I know that this less of an option for you, since you have an e-bike loaded with panniers), in another, I used my brakes, with one hand on the bike, and another on front brake. It didn't feel ideal because now I can't hold the rail.

  8. #1837
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    1,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    Sorry about hearing that you got hurt. I hope you get well soon.

    In the few times I used metro, I learned to use my brakes while on the train, so my bike doesn't move around. That's easy to do for short trips. If I was a daily commuter, I would use Velcro straps to squeeze the brakes. I used the escalator maybe one time or two, in one I carried my bike(I know that this less of an option for you, since you have an e-bike loaded with panniers), in another, I used my brakes, with one hand on the bike, and another on front brake. It didn't feel ideal because now I can't hold the rail.
    Mine is not an ebike, but it does have panniers, which are typically loaded with heavy stuff.

  9. #1838
    Judd's Avatar
    Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    2,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Saw Fingerman last night as I was heading to the 14th Street Bridge. Had a nice ride along and chat down the MVT and finished with a low five. It's a sure sign that it's going to be a good Freezing Saddles season.

    I also continued my streak of not doing a Hains Point lap in 2018.

  10. Likes Steve O, Emm, Birru, LhasaCM liked this post
  11. #1839
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default bad behavior

    Riding up the WOD with my groceries just now, I passed a family on a trail intersection near Bluemont…two adults and a boy who was maybe 12 y.o. (though far larger than my girl of same age) with their bicycles. The adults were chatting and the boy was jumping around on the side of the trail…I figured he must be cold. He was watching me intently, but I did not think much of it ‘cause I watch fellow bicycle riders too.
    The moment I was passing, the boy darted across the trail immediately in front of my bicycle. I yelled out and clenched my brakes so that my front wheel would not crash into him. It turned out he was bored and had devised this little game. As soon as I got by, I commented very loudly that this was absolutely not funny. At that point I heard one of the adults raising their voice (at the boy), so I just kept riding. Hopefully he will never repeat this moronic behavior.

  12. #1840
    TwoWheelsDC's Avatar
    TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Capitol Hill
    Posts
    3,562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mostly warm, but plenty of pockets of really cold (relatively) air...especially along the river and 4MR.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •