Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186
Results 1,851 to 1,854 of 1854

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

What was the recommended route between 236 and the Wakefield Park ped bridge?

lordofthemark is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    I have not been there in almost 4 years, but I used to take Americana Drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoot View Post
    Here's the route I got into the habit of taking: https://goo.gl/maps/mgKoTzuwkrB2

It's confusing, and you'll likely need to pull out your phone to check your position the first few times, but you'll avoid any sketchy areas. You'll be able to grab a good lane position on Heritage Dr when approaching Little River Turnpike, and you'll avoid the narrow and steep hills next to parked cars on Americana Drive (I didn't like riding on it).

4. Likes scoot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    Here's the route I got into the habit of taking: https://goo.gl/maps/mgKoTzuwkrB2
    Thanks. I didn't realize there were bike lanes on Heritage now also. On the whole it looks more comfortable than Americana.

The door-zone bike lanes north of Patriot, as shown on StreetView, do look terrible though. A road diet would have been a much better choice. It's hard to believe that Heritage Dr would need four car lanes, since traffic levels will so obviously be limited by the throughput of the intersection at LRT anyway.