Page 150 of 175 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1745

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    When Justin Trudeau was here the whole week was a pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://youtu.be/bOR38552MJA

2. Likes Judd liked this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful!

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Uncomfortable. I forgot to hang up my bike clothes when I got to work so they were still rather sweaty when I put them on for the ride home. Ughhhh!

Post Thanks / Like

Used the new Wilson Blvd. protected bike lane. I often don't like protected bike lanes between parked cars and the sidewalk because of people crossing them, but since this one is mostly uphill and you're not going very fast, it was very nice. Felt safe and cuddly except for where cars merge across it for a right turn just after parked cars so that their vision can't be too good. (I think this is right before Quinn.) Cyclists will really have to watch out there.

Then proceeded the rest of the way out the Wilson and Fairfax lanes for a bit of a change. Bike shifted funny at Glebe so I should have known something was up, and then my new Sram chain broke at the beginning of the trail. Usually when chains break it's painful, and this was no exception--left hand is quite bruised and I'm hoping unbroken at the little bone on the outside edge. Had a nice walk commute after that. I have a chain tool on my multi-tool but didn't feel up to using it.

The chain broke well away from the quick link, so it ain't my fault and I'm going to take it back to BicycleSpace in the hopes that they'll send it back to Sram. I think you should be able to trust a brand new chain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    The chain broke well away from the quick link, so it ain't my fault and I'm going to take it back to BicycleSpace in the hopes that they'll send it back to Sram. I think you should be able to trust a brand new chain.
    Up until recently, I have never had any issues with SRAM chains. But, I bought a new chain to replace the one I completely demolished in a super muddy 6 hour endurance MTB race. It was even the fancy expensive one with hollow pins. Fast forward a week and a half later, and I broke it during a gravel race . Well, since then, three more links have broken. The last was right before a cross race and I was out of quick links, so had to borrow one from a teammate. I have given up and put a lower end SRAM chain on the bike. So far, no issues. I wonder if they just had a bad batch of chains?

7. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    Up until recently, I have never had any issues with SRAM chains. But, I bought a new chain to replace the one I completely demolished in a super muddy 6 hour endurance MTB race. It was even the fancy expensive one with hollow pins. Fast forward a week and a half later, and I broke it during a gravel race . Well, since then, three more links have broken. The last was right before a cross race and I was out of quick links, so had to borrow one from a teammate. I have given up and put a lower end SRAM chain on the bike. So far, no issues. I wonder if they just had a bad batch of chains?
    It's a good question. I am not going to bother fixing this one for that reason--I'd rather not be worried about it breaking elsewhere. This one was a 971 so didn't have the hollow pins. I'm tempted to get a 951 or 991 to replace it with on the off chance that might help avoid whatever bad batch there might have been.

The swelling near the metatarsal went down overnight so it's not broken and I was able to bike with only some discomfort. I took the cyclocross bike with gears rather than the single speed so that I wouldn't have to pull on the bars so much.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Mostly delightful, except for the blinkies on the CCT:

10. ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=TwoWheelsDC;148302]Mostly delightful, except for the blinkies on the CCT:

Neat, amazing to see so many people biking!

This topic and bright bike headlights came up in a discussion at work the other day. Yes, blinkies are annoying and probably unnecessary on trails. During the day, I use a Light & Motion on slow flash but usually turn it off on the trail as a courtesy and to save juice. If I got a blinkie, I don't see any use for it on the trail. In the dark, I have my headlight on full blast but try to angle it down a little and away from oncoming bikes. I have a new Hotshot 150 tail light that I leave on while on the trail which is probably a little blinding for some folks. But it is also a stretch to try to turn off or switch to a steady red mode, more of an effort than a headlight.

My view is that while I do feel a little bad about blinding some people, I would much rather be seen by other cyclists and see hazards such as joggers. I have half heard a few people gripe about it as they speed by but I would much rather avoid the ninja-like jogger with no reflective clothing.
    Last edited by Zack; 11-03-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: remove large video

12. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Caught a bug straight on my throat while going 20mph or so. Warm Fall evenings bring the bugs out! I almost choked

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a woman on a fat tire ebike coming off the 14th St bridge to the MVT. Maybe a Motan folding fat ebike? hard to tell, but the battery was lined up with the seat tube, which seemed unusual.