Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 1,811 to 1,814 of 1814

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    "Do you need your parking validated?"
    Maybe you can lock up in the garage next time.

Post Thanks / Like

An amusing example of how unthinkingly car-centric our society is: on my way home this evening, I stopped by the mall to pick up something that I had ordered online. I was in full nighttime urban commuter mode -- jersey, knickers, fingerless gloves, reflective ankle bands, screaming yellow safety vest -- and was carrying my bike helmet. As I signed for my order, the sales clerk asked me, "Do you need your parking validated?"
    Did they laugh after they realized what they said? Or were they just reciting a customer service routine that will probably be automated?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Did they laugh after they realized what they said? Or were they just reciting a customer service routine that will probably be automated?
    The latter. She didn't even change expression after I told her that no, I didn't need my parking validated.

Still, I'm surprised that this is part of their customer service routine. This was at the Pentagon City mall, which a lot of people get to by Metro. And there's already a sign at the counter letting people know that they can get their parking validated with a $5.00 purchase, which should remind drivers to ask for parking validation if they need it.

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, I'm surprised that this is part of their customer service routine. This was at the Pentagon City mall, which a lot of people get to by Metro. And there's already a sign at the counter letting people know that they can get their parking validated with a $5.00 purchase, which should remind drivers to ask for parking validation if they need it.
    You're apparently unfamiliar with the level of rage people can attain when asked to pay for parking. This is a public safety initiative.

5. Likes dasgeh liked this post