Page 181 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1814

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a moped at first, but when I a caught a glimpse when he was turning, I noticed that it was an actual bike. The frame was red, didn't get a chance to notice the motor, but it was very loud. I hope I don't see him again.

Post Thanks / Like

Was so disappointed they decided to pull up on the approach to Key Bridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	15445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	15446  

3. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is after the autumnal equinox, it shouldn't be so warm. And what in the world was I breathing? Whatever it was, the oxygen content was low, even in the regions without the bug swarms. I still feel it in my lungs. Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    It is after the autumnal equinox, it shouldn't be so warm. And what in the world was I breathing? Whatever it was, the oxygen content was low, even in the regions without the bug swarms. I still feel it in my lungs. Ugh.
    I recall seeing there was a Code Orange Air Quality Alert yesterday. Ozone will do that to you.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

And what in the world was I breathing? I still feel it in my lungs. Ugh.
    Bug season isn't over just yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Code Orange yesterday and Code Yellow today. Airnow.gov is your friend. Use it now, while you can and before the powers-that-currently-be decide it's not important.

https://www.airnow.gov/index.cfm/ind...yid=268#tabs-1

Although it could be Code Purple and we'd still have to breathe it. I suppose I could try breathing a little less on the ride home.

8. Likes DrP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    I recall seeing there was a Code Orange Air Quality Alert yesterday. Ozone will do that to you.
    Yeah, I knew it was a code orange, but often that clears out enough by my commuting time to not be so painful. It just seemed particularly bad yesterday given the more recent clearer days. Or maybe because the humidity wasn't as high as bad air days earlier in the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I knew it was a code orange, but often that clears out enough by my commuting time to not be so painful. It just seemed particularly bad yesterday given the more recent clearer days. Or maybe because the humidity wasn't as high as bad air days earlier in the season.
    Yeah, maybe because it was 85 and Code Orange instead of 95 and Code Orange, you rode a little harder than you usually do on a bad air day.

Post Thanks / Like

Headed home on Monday, I was pleased that I spit out a bug that only partially made it into my mouth instead of swallowing it. Bike commuting certainly changes one's perspective on winning!

12. Likes huskerdont liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An amusing example of how unthinkingly car-centric our society is: on my way home this evening, I stopped by the mall to pick up something that I had ordered online. I was in full nighttime urban commuter mode -- jersey, knickers, fingerless gloves, reflective ankle bands, screaming yellow safety vest -- and was carrying my bike helmet. As I signed for my order, the sales clerk asked me, "Do you need your parking validated?"

14. ELITE consularrider ELITED this post