ELITE ELITE:  125
Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188
Results 1,871 to 1,875 of 1875

Thread: My Evening Commute

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    Not wanting to trudge through mud to Carlin Springs,
    We really need to build that little connector trail from the W&OD to Carlin Springs. I vote we call it the "Jay Fisette spurt".

In the future, if you're on Carlin Springs at Kensington/where the W&OD connector *should* be, you can just take Kensington to get to the Bluemont, like in this map.

Post Thanks / Like

Decisions, decisions. The front light died on the way in this morning. So, do I: risk spontaneous combustion by riding before sunset cools off the outside, or ride after sunset, and risk not seeing/being seen from the frontal direction, and associated injury and death?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Decisions, decisions. The front light died on the way in this morning. So, do I: risk spontaneous combustion by riding before sunset cools off the outside, or ride after sunset, and risk not seeing/being seen from the frontal direction, and associated injury and death?
    Based on yesterday when it was about 90 when I left the office around 5:00 and 86 when I took the trash out in the dark at about 8:15, but without specific knowledge as to your spontaneous combustion point, I would recommend riding in the daylight.

4. Likes Steve O liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Based on yesterday when it was about 90 when I left the office around 5:00 and 86 when I took the trash out in the dark at about 8:15, but without specific knowledge as to your spontaneous combustion point, I would recommend riding in the daylight.
    I generally spontaneously combust after about the fifth time someone posts to NextDoor that someone who is afraid to walk on a narrow sidewalk, protected by only a one foot wide verge from traffic going 38MPH or higher, "should take Prozac". Keep me off certain parts of the net, or away from flammable materials.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I generally spontaneously combust after about the fifth time someone posts to NextDoor that someone who is afraid to walk on a narrow sidewalk, protected by only a one foot wide verge from traffic going 38MPH or higher, "should take Prozac". Keep me off certain parts of the net, or away from flammable materials.
    I'm pretty sure nextdoor is where people go when they're done commenting on wapo bike articles.

7. Likes secstate, streetsmarts liked this post