ELITE ELITE:  125
Page 37 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Well, he is a Terp fan.

Yet.
    That's right, Go Terps!

Making matters more amusing. I decided since it was dry to drive up to Bethesda Bagels for lunch. All was fine until a minute before I parked. That 20' run into my office with an umbrella was an adventure almost requiring swimming.

I don't care if it's pouring tomorrow morning. Not going to sit in traffic again this week. Then off to the sunny west coast for work where I may even get to squeeze in a day of riding.

Post Thanks / Like

No Tornado - check
    No Hail - check
    All my co-workers think I'm crazy - check

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lets-do-this.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	6820

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Wicked Sunset over Arlington
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1327.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	6821

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terpfan View Post
    I don't care if it's pouring tomorrow morning. Not going to sit in traffic again this week. Then off to the sunny west coast for work where I may even get to squeeze in a day of riding.
    It really wasn't bad today during normal commute times. No rain until some light sprinkles after 7:30am. Warm showers after 4:30pm when I was followed down the MVT by a guy in shorts and a t-shirt. He seemed fine. I did need to spend some time in the garage with a bourbon wiping down and lubing my rain bike, but that is one of the joys of riding in the rain. Never decide to not ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's official: I've had my first completely solitary commute home since last winter. Only me and the bunnies all the way from Vienna to Falls Church on the W&OD. So nice!

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terpfan View Post
    That's right, Go Terps!
    You walked right past my hidden link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    You walked right past my hidden link.
    Indeed I did haha. Drama button.

Speaking of drama... Iowa this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lock blocked!!

Last night I was already to ride back after work. First sign something was wrong I realized I'd forgotten to charge my headlight. Ok, no big deal. I could be extra alert, maybe take less traveled roads (Yeah right. I'm a creature of habit.) I got down to the garage, helmeted up, unlocked my bike, and realized the bike next to mine had locked onto mine, besides being locked onto the railing. The *)(#%&)@*#%&^@#)& IDIOT!!!!!!! Has this ever happened to anyone?? What have you done? I've imagined it could happen, but had never seen it. I spoke with garage attendant, building security, and police... so far, all to no avail. Useless! Who does that??? I've still fuming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    Last night I was already to ride back after work. First sign something was wrong I realized I'd forgotten to charge my headlight. Ok, no big deal. I could be extra alert, maybe take less traveled roads (Yeah right. I'm a creature of habit.) I got down to the garage, helmeted up, unlocked my bike, and realized the bike next to mine had locked onto mine, besides being locked onto the railing. The *)(#%&)@*#%&^@#)& IDIOT!!!!!!! Has this ever happened to anyone?? What have you done? I've imagined it could happen, but had never seen it. I spoke with garage attendant, building security, and police... so far, all to no avail. Useless! Who does that??? I've still fuming.
    I remember someone else on this forum had this same situation, but I cannot find the related thread/post. I do know, however, that the following is how this person resolved the issue: he locked his bike to the offender's bike AND the bike rack, then left a note with his phone number and a message saying something like, "Hi, you locked your bike to mine and the rack so I was unable to get my bike. Call me when you read this message." The technique seems to have worked, as the offender called him and they both eventually were able to ride off (I'm going to add "into the sunset" to show it was a happy ending).

It's not an ideal solution as you still have to find another way home, but at least you know that you'll be able to get your bike back in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

On the ride home this evening, I encountered a gent riding a vintage Dunelt bicycle with an Arlington County bike license of almost similar vintage.

To his credit, he did have a current Arlington bike registration sticker on the seat tube