Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1661

Thread: My Evening Commute

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point; I got to go for a bike ride too.

Left work right as it started raining again. Stopped at the farmers' market on F Street just to say hi to a guy I know working there. He said, "it's raining, can't you take a bus?" I guess some people just don't understand.

Got to My Organic Market just as the rain stopped. When I came out the sun was shining, so pack full of groceries, I rode back down the hill to Rosslyn to ride up again for the Strava April climbing challenge.

How am I gonna do any of that using a bus?

2. Likes Boomer2U, streetsmarts, bentbike33 liked this post
    KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't tell Uber about slugs. They will find a sneaky way to destroy that well-honed system because it undercuts their business model.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    Don't tell Uber about slugs. They will find a sneaky way to destroy that well-honed system because it undercuts their business model.
    Too late.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...120_story.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Car on w&od In Reston

About 5:30 between sunrise valley and sunset hills (under the toll road) I encountered a bluish Honda CR-V sized car headed my way on the gravel path. He was driving slow and smiling and waving.

Post Thanks / Like

And now you know how the rest of us feel when you come blasting by at 25 mph, taking up half the width of the entire trail, bobbing and weaving through cyclists, runners and pedestrians.

7. Likes Vicegrip, kwarkentien, sjclaeys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SolarBikeCar View Post
    About 5:30 between sunrise valley and sunset hills (under the toll road) I encountered a bluish Honda CR-V sized car headed my way on the gravel path. He was driving slow and smiling and waving.
    He was just relieved to see he wasn't the only car on the trail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    And now you know how the rest of us feel .....
    Good to know. I was feeling curious. Did he blindly follow gps directions? Was it a new car and he wanted to try out 4-wheel drive? Was he having a senior moment. Really didn't seem drunk or dangerous...just different. I stopped my vehicle thinking I'd get some answers by engaging in a conversation, but he continued on and so did I. I'm guessing from the snarky tone that your mind is more judgemental and less curious, Vern. But life has all types. Enjoy yours and ignore mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. I was feeling curious. Did he blindly follow gps directions? Was it a new car and he wanted to try out 4-wheel drive? Was he having a senior moment. Really didn't seem drunk or dangerous...just different. I stopped my vehicle thinking I'd get some answers by engaging in a conversation, but he continued on and so did I. I'm guessing from the snarky tone that your mind is more judgemental and less curious, Vern. But life has all types. Enjoy yours and ignore mine.
    I try to ignore yours but it's hard to do it when you're blazing down the trail in your car in the dark with two insanely bright headlights that can't be dimmed by hand like many conscientious cyclists do, and I ended up in the gravel along the trail because I couldn't see where I was going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcb203 View Post
    I try to ignore yours but it's hard to do it when you're blazing down the trail in your car in the dark with two insanely bright headlights that can't be dimmed by hand like many conscientious cyclists do, and I ended up in the gravel along the trail because I couldn't see where I was going.
    The trail patrol asked me to run my lights during the day because approaching riders might not see me. (Go figure!) I haven't ridden in the dark for at least a month so perhaps this comment is about trips last January and February. I find those who dim their lights with their fingers until a dozen feet in front and then bam full light to be unappreciative at how dangerous that is to oncoming traffic. Better to have a steady light that illuminates the trail consistently so one can train the eyes not to look into it like a deer but to focus on the edge of the trail so one doesn't drive off the path. But I realize this is the place to vent and hopefully you'll appreciate not having to worry about my lights until next November.

mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I find those who dim their lights with their fingers until a dozen feet in front and then bam full light to be unappreciative at how dangerous that is to oncoming traffic. Better to have a steady light that illuminates the trail consistently so one can train the eyes not to look into it like a deer but to focus on the edge of the trail so one doesn't drive off the path.
    Best is to have headlights that are aimed properly at the road and not into peoples' faces.