Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a work stand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by krazygl00 View Post
    I use the Park Tool PRS-20 Team Race Stand. For compactness while folded down it is pretty tough to beat. Looking at the Feedback Sports site this would be similar to their Sprint Work Stand.
    I second the Park race stand - very Euro-PRO. Perhaps even ELITE. One trick with the QR fork mount is to close the QR handle and then use your right hip to keep the QR handle from spinning while tightening the skewer nut. Though, I agree, it is a bit fiddly. Another CON is that the stand is generally not front-fender-friendly. I also use a maganetic small parts tray and stick it to the QR "sled" and it works great for keeping things at hand while working.

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to pick up a Park Tool PCS 10 after trying one with my bike in the local bike shop. My (ebike) is I think, 50 pounds without the battery attached; the bike stand is rated to 80 pounds (assuming the weight is centered over the splayed legs, per their website.) Primarily I wanted a rack to facilitate chain/cassette cleaning and lubing (instead of finding a park nearby and turning the bike upside down to work on that; which doesn't make gear-shifiting very easy at all!
    So far so good; assembly was easy, and it folds up nicely. Haven't encountered an issue yet with any sense that it might tip over towards me, with the bike in place.

3. Likes secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christob50 View Post
    I decided to pick up a Park Tool PCS 10.
    Thanks — this is now on my wish list. I especially like how neatly it folds up for storage.