Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New HD video shorts of DC bike infrastructure

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an 8 gig SD card, and I get about 85 minutes in HD, so that sounds about right: 10 minutes = 1gig roughly at 1080.

I forget which setting I set the camera at when I got it -- probably just whatever it was on default. When I pull a video into the editing software I think it says the recording dimensions are 1280 by 960
    Last edited by Greenbelt; 05-17-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed these, Greenbelt - thanks.

My challenge with my GoPro HD (which I've finally figured out how to reliably operate) comes in the editing stage. It's just enormously time consuming, and I've found that my MacBook Pro (a few years old) doesn't really seem to be up to the task. That's a shame, as I think more videos like these could make folks feel a little more comfortable about getting out there.

Post Thanks / Like

The editing software I'm using for PC (Camtasia) is slightly more expensive than the camera. Works well for me so far, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Just responding to say how much I like these videos, especially of my home bike lanes on the Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbelt View Post
    The editing software I'm using for PC (Camtasia) is slightly more expensive than the camera. Works well for me so far, though.
    Thanks. I'm on a Mac and have both Final Cut Studio and Adobe Premiere (one of the perks of doing what I do) so software isn't the issue... although knowing how to use it will be a bit of a learning curve!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool Greenbelt. Thanks for posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Durable too...

Post Thanks / Like

Do you just mount that with the head-strap that came with it, when diving? I was thinking of taking mine out on the next dive trip, but can't really think of anything better than putting in on a strap and manually handling it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, just used the headstrap that came with. Forgot about it up there a couple times, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Helmet cam from vacation.

Recorded some more rides on the GoPro last week. Here's how it looks using the helmet cam/elastic strap approach instead of mounting on the handlebars. (I figured the roads there too rough for bar mount.) Also kind of cool that you can get off the bike and go directly into the water!