Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  7
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A new baseball season, a larger bike station

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A new baseball season, a larger bike station

https://www.facebook.com/CapitalBikeshare

The Nats play their home opener tomorrow (Friday), weather permitting. Capital Bikeshare will have a CaBi bike corral at the 1st & N St SE station so that anyone can ride CaBi to the game without worrying about a lack of docks for the bike.

They have also expanded that station to 39 docks.

As for the Nationals, they are off to a good start, sweeping the Mets in NY to run off to a 3-0 record. The one problem is catcher Wilson Ramos and another injury, this time his hand.

Some members of the national media have already predicted the Nats to go to, and win, the World Series this year. But at least the coach doesn't seem to have done the same thing this season. (Davey Johnson said "World Series or bust" last pre-season. That may have put unnecessary pressure on the young team. Maybe it was a form of the BikeArlington reverse psychology jinx, or something like that.)

At the very least, the Nats should be competitive, as they were in 2012. They had the best regular-season record in baseball that season, but lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. They have a very strong pitching rotation, among the best in the league. They have a very talented line-up. It's early in the season but four of their starters currently have batting averages over .400. If that isn't a fast start, I don't know what is.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't overlook Gio Gonzalez's 372 OPS+. Not even Babe Ruth ever did that.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, remember that the Nationals provide free, secure, valet bike parking. It's a great service, located at the entrance to the garage under the right field seats.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...content=biking
    Last edited by Steve O; 04-04-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added url

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Took a walk around (M and 3rd area) at lunch, and there were lots of people on bikes all around - both CaBi and owned bikes.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness - traffic, traffic everywhere. When I saw the traffic on 3rd, I figured NJ would be bad, so I took 2nd, but K was bad, and well everything was bad. Eye at least you have the bike lane, but there was so much turning traffic even it was much worse than normal - and these are mostly folks who don't usually drive around the area. For all that I liked the carnival atmosphere at lunch hour, I look forward to bike commuting when there is not a day game.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PotomacCyclist View Post
    But where are there helmets?! This is soooooo unsafe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingfool View Post
    But where are there helmets?! This is soooooo unsafe.
    hahaha! There's a horribly tasteless joke about Lincoln needing one more than most in there somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Howard L. View Post
    hahaha! There's a horribly tasteless joke about Lincoln needing one more than most in there somewhere.
    The all new Giro Stovepipe.

10. 04-12-2014, 12:05 AM

I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think success has gone to Teddy's head. Look at how big it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10167942_752543521445638_1711569723914706936_n.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	5191

https://www.facebook.com/CapitalBike...levant_count=1