Likes Likes:  78
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  23
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday night Hains Point Party?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday night Hains Point Party?

The weather sucks. I don't know about you, but I'm kind of done with this [expletive deleted] competion. EXCEPT. Wednesday night. The last night of the competition. The weather is supposed to be tolerable. Some of the snow should have melted.

I would like to go out on a high note and ride about a million Hains Point laps, starting late, after we put the kids to bed. I'd probably be down there 9pm-ish. Anyone want to come? Those who are truly ELITE will have to stop Strava before they get home so it doesn't end after 12:01AM Thursday morning and become ineligibile for the competition.

Who's with me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Who's with me?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll ride with crickets, I don't discriminate.

Post Thanks / Like

Mother[blank]ers better take their turn up front though

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's with me?
    Hmmm. Looked at this page: http://freezingsaddles.com/leaderboa...vidual_various
    and my name is not even on the list of most Hains Point laps (meaning zero). Is it better to keep my perfect string (zero last year's FS, too) or . . . ?

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea! I'll be there if the road isn't too wet, icy or snowy.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's on!! And here's the deal.

Okay, peeps. I'm in. Rain or....uh...well, not shine exactly...not rain.

Meet you sometime after dark. Bring your portable shot glass. Here's the schedule:
    • After dark - FS participants (and hangers on) arrive & start doing some laps. No hurry unless you're still vying for 1st place or something. (Reminder: the prizes are pointless)
    • Before 11pm - Wussies leave for home
    • 11pm(ish) - Gather at the point for a toast to FS. I will bring a bottle of something or other. Feel free to bring your own if you don't trust my taste or want to share your favorite.
    • Post-toast - Leave if you need to. Bad-asses - Three more laps
    • 11:30-35 (ish) - Gather again at the point for another toast. Then head home if you like; you have proven yourself worthy. ELITE bad-asses - two more laps (or more likely one, depending on time)
    • 11:58 (ish) - stop your Strava. If anyone's left, feel free to give yourself three cheers. I may have left with the ordinary bad-asses. If not, then we'll polish off the bottle.
    • After midnight: Hugs & kisses till next year.

The weather sucks. I don't know about you, but I'm kind of done with this [expletive deleted] competition. EXCEPT. Wednesday night. The last night of the competition. The weather is supposed to be tolerable. Some of the snow should have melted.

I would like to go out on a high note and ride about a million Hains Point laps, starting late, after we put the kids to bed. I'd probably be down there 9pm-ish. Anyone want to come? Those who are truly ELITE will have to stop Strava before they get home so it doesn't end after 12:01AM Thursday morning and become ineligible for the competition.

Who's with me?

Post Thanks / Like

I recant my "crickets chirping" post above. This is ELITE. I wish I could be there, but I'm not bad-ass enough, I'm afraid. What I'll most miss are the toasts. Specifically the drinking part of the toasts.

How would I be unknown if you knew my location?
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Okay, peeps. I'm in. Rain or....uh...well, not shine exactly...not rain.

Meet you sometime after dark. Bring your portable shot glass. Here's the schedule:
    • 11pm(ish) - Gather at the point for a toast to FS. I will bring a bottle of something or other. Feel free to bring your own if you don't trust my taste or want to share your favorite.
    • Post-toast - Leave if you need to. Bad-asses - Three more laps
    • 11:30-35 (ish) - Gather again at the point for another toast. Then head home if you like; you have proven yourself worthy. ELITE bad-asses - two more laps (or more likely one, depending on time)
    • 11:58 (ish) - stop your Strava. If anyone's left, feel free to give yourself three cheers. I may have left with the ordinary bad-asses. If not, then we'll polish off the bottle.
    I'm sure the Park Police routinely monitor this forum. You drunken cyclists give us all a bad name.

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Welchs-Sparkling-Grape-Juice.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	4994
    What did you think I meant?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownCyclist View Post
    I'm sure the Park Police routinely monitor this forum. You drunken cyclists give us all a bad name.
    Last edited by Steve O; 03-18-2014 at 08:19 AM.