Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 113

Thread: Roosevelt Island Parking Area Modifications

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Part 2. Note "Walk Bikes" sign. Placed there for your ignorement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TR-6.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	14073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TR-7.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	14074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TR-8.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	14075  

  2. Likes bentbike33, huskerdont, ursus liked this post
  3. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    5 years ago they might not have even done mulch! Baby steps.

    But we'll keep pushing!

    Pushing for mulch roadways for cars? Cause that would be a lot of fun. I haven't found any of the mulch detours I've taken to be too awful, except that they tend to feel narrow. This might just be a feeling and not objective fact though.

  4. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Falls Church, VA
    Posts
    521
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Part 2. Note "Walk Bikes" sign. Placed there for your ignorement.
    Placed for optimal ignorment: 1. on the left side as cyclists approach the mulch, and 2. immediately before the mulch begins by which time cyclists are way too busy looking for the best line through the mulch to notice much of anything else.

  5. #94
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Part of me wants to say "oh good grief, it's just mulch!!!" and the other part knows that if I do, I'll go down hard the next time I ride through there.

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've now ridden the mulch detour four times and it hasn't been bad. But my narrowest tires have been 32's and the tires I rode today are 55's, so I don't sink down far in the mulch!

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    Part of me wants to say "oh good grief, it's just mulch!!!"
    Which would be fine...if I were looking to do cyclocross on a road bike when commuting.

  8. #97
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I treat my commute as training for cx and mtb races and it seems like all the fun stuff there is being taken away! The bollards at the top and bottom of the bridge are gone, it sounds like they're getting rid of the tight 90 turns and now I won't even have an excuse to launch off the sidewalk and practice my drops at speed (and see just what it's gonna take to finally pinch flat...).

    And they're probably soon going to fix the crumbling concrete section on the bridge that I bunny hop over. Lame. Boring. Too roadie.

  9. Likes Dewey, Steve O, LeprosyStudyGroup, KWL liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100, Sunyata ELITED this post
  10. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Posts
    4,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I treat my commute as training for cx and mtb races and it seems like all the fun stuff there is being taken away! The bollards at the top and bottom of the bridge are gone, it sounds like they're getting rid of the tight 90 turns and now I won't even have an excuse to launch off the sidewalk and practice my drops at speed (and see just what it's gonna take to finally pinch flat...).

    And they're probably soon going to fix the crumbling concrete section on the bridge that I bunny hop over. Lame. Boring. Too roadie.
    Ya think the NPS and NVRPA would get too mad if you just rode three feet off the trail?

  11. #99
    KLizotte's Avatar
    KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Posts
    3,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post
    I treat my commute as training for cx and mtb races and it seems like all the fun stuff there is being taken away! The bollards at the top and bottom of the bridge are gone, it sounds like they're getting rid of the tight 90 turns and now I won't even have an excuse to launch off the sidewalk and practice my drops at speed (and see just what it's gonna take to finally pinch flat...).

    And they're probably soon going to fix the crumbling concrete section on the bridge that I bunny hop over. Lame. Boring. Too roadie.
    There's always the Custis! And don't forget about the trolls under the trollheim.

  12. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Ya think the NPS and NVRPA would get too mad if you just rode three feet off the trail?
    Perhaps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •