Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capital Bikeshare discount for residents of Arlington

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Capital Bikeshare discount for residents of Arlington

Arlington Transportation Partners is currently offering coupon codes for $20 off Capital Bikeshare annual memberships to any first-time members that live in Arlington.

Go to our site to sign up for the discount and ATP will verify your information and email you a coupon code:

CaBi discount registration form

CaBi Residential Discount Flyer 2014.pdf

You must sign up for this discount before the end of February!

And please tells your friends and family in Arlington!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Brendan Casey; 01-30-2014 at 10:33 AM.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Boo

I mean, I appreciate the hard work of BikeArlington to get its taxpaying citizens this nice benefit. I just wish it could be extended to Friends of Arlington or at least to people who drink in Arlington.
    Last edited by ShawnoftheDread; 01-30-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: diplomacy and grovelling

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Boo
    We can't all live in the coolest county.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to getting my membership. Good for lunch time rides up to Courthouse (puff, puff, puff).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question About CABI Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I finally got around to getting my membership. Good for lunch time rides up to Courthouse (puff, puff, puff).
    As an economist, I've often wondered....

OPEN QUESTION TO THE FORUM ABOUT CABI PRICING
    A 90 minute ride costs $14, but a 30 minute ride is FREE. Can you daisy-chain several, say 25 minute, rides in the same trip for free?

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    As an economist, I've often wondered....

OPEN QUESTION TO THE FORUM ABOUT CABI PRICING
    A 90 minute ride costs $14, but a 30 minute ride is FREE. Can you daisy-chain several, say 25 minute, rides in the same trip for free?
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Yes.
    Woo hoo! I'm there! Thanks, Shawn!
    BTW I'm inviting you and your fam to move into our basement so you can get the Arlington County CABI discount
    Last edited by Fast Friendly Guy; 01-31-2014 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Waffles!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in. After helping launch the program at HUD (we are a Gold level corporate member) it seemed reasonable for me to have a membership.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving my Capital Bikeshare membership this winter. They're better than my own bike in snow and ice and some wonderful other person does all the maintenance/desalinization.

Not recently, but I've ridden them between Shirlington and work a few times with absolutely no problems. They're slower, but easy enough to ride even on most hills, although they probably burn a few more calories (a good thing). I think they're a great deal even without the discount.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

They are very stable bikes. I've run into unmarked ditches without tipping over. I ran over a screw and flatted a tire and barely noticed a problem until a minute later when the tire finally got too flat to ride.

If I had run into those ditches on my tri bike, I probably would have wiped out.

The bikes are heavy and slow, but they are great for certain types of rides. That includes errands like grocery shopping, if you aren't buying too much at once. It's easier to hang the bags from the handlebars than to do that on my mountain bike. The weight of the bags would make it difficult to handle the MTB. It does have an effect on the CaBi, but not that much.

The one-way trip benefit is great too. You can commute one way. I don't have to worry about the bike if I decide not to bike on the return commute (because it's dark, or icy or because I have other places to go).

Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for the discount. I've been a member since the 1st or 2nd week of the program, back in 2010.