Likes Likes:  31
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Falls Church CaBi?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    Funny, I never see speed enforcement in Falls Church City on Broad St. between Shreve/Haycock and Washington. Everyone slows down driving through the tony neighborhoods between Washington and Seven Corners, because that's where they enforce and ticket, but I routinely see people driving 40-50mph in front of Giant and underneath the Citizens' Bridge with no repercussions.
    I've seen a repercussion every once in a while. The downhill just before Giant is a great way to get people to speed accidentally.

Really, the place I want to see some serious improvement is the hellmouth that is Seven Corners. Make that so I can get from one side to the other without taking a circuitous back-route or fear of death, and that'll make things just dandy indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phatboing View Post
    Really, the place I want to see some serious improvement is the hellmouth that is Seven Corners. Make that so I can get from one side to the other without taking a circuitous back-route or fear of death, and that'll make things just dandy indeed.
    The only way to improve seven corners is with a bulldozer, and the real estate market is nowhere near bad enough for the commonwealth to afford taking that much property.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a route doesn't even exist for cars. Seven Corners is the worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Such a route doesn't even exist for cars. Seven Corners is the worst.
    Indeed. My girlfriend and I experiment with routes to get there (Bangkok Golden .. mmmmm) on our bikes a lot, but all of these fall on a spectrum between possible death and certain death.

Tear it down, do it over.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    In Arlington we call that a sidewalk.
    Or the Custis Trail...

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a repercussion every once in a while. The downhill just before Giant is a great way to get people to speed accidentally.

Maybe something like the Hovenring?

http://bicycledutch.wordpress.com/20...le-roundabout/

Name:  hovenring2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  70.6 KB

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they have something like that for cars now. See how well that works.
    Last edited by DismalScientist; 03-20-2014 at 07:41 AM.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hovenring seems to be working well though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DismalScientist View Post
    Well, they have something like that for cars now. See how well that works.
    yeah, but those are motorists, not the ELITE!

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. My girlfriend and I experiment with routes to get there (Bangkok Golden .. mmmmm) on our bikes a lot, but all of these fall on a spectrum between possible death and certain death.
    From the WOD, take the Ohio St. access, climb McKinley Road. At Wilson go straight across on John Marshall, turn left on Willston at the light and go straight across Route 50 at Patrick Henry. Turn right on the southern frontage road for Arlington Blvd and left on the shopping center access before the Home Depot parking lot and continue behind Home Depot to the Leesburg Pike side of the shopping center.
    There is a lot of traffic after Wilson, but it is generally moving slowly.