Thread: Bike entry and exit points for Rock Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike entry and exit points for Rock Creek

Hi all. My commute takes me from Petworth, just north of Columbia Heights, to Rosslyn. I have a decently quick route on surface streets, but would like to use Rock Creek. I've ridden Rock Creek plenty of times and know the main trail quite well. My problem is I have a terrible time finding suitable entry/exit points onto the trail. There are many roads totally off-limits to bikes and only a few entry/exit points up north (e.g. Park Rd.). Is there a good resource for finding all the entry/exit points from the park bike trail?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rock Creek Trail Entry Points

My favorite entry point is the back way into the Zoo, down Harvard Street.

The only problem is that it's closed when the Zoo is closed, so then I run across Rock Creek Parkway (can be bad if there's a lot of traffic).

Check out the DC bicycle map online to see other entry and exit points for the trail.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, either park road or though the back entrance of the zoo looping up to Irving St and into Mt P and my preferences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys. It looks like my best entrance will be a bit further north at Blagden. I live on Randolph so a couple blocks further north to Upshur/Blagden will save me from having to get through Columbia Heights and Mt. Pleasant, which can be a hassle at rush hour.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize any of those roads forbid bikes. But even if, I would probably ignore it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, didn't mean to say it wasn't legal to ride on some of those roads in RC. I simply meant that at rush hour, those roads aren't really feasible to ride on because of total lack of shoulder and bad traffic.