Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  4
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Enter

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation How to Enter

Just thought I'd post all the steps to enter the competition in one place. (I did this earlier, but it was buried in the comments instead of having its own post.) To enter, you need to:
    1. Register for Strava. (This must be done before filling out the application form, because you'll need your Strava information to fill out the form.)
    2. Register for this forum. (It is helpful to have done this before filling out the application form, so that you can give your forum name on the application.)
    3. Fill out the application form. (Deadline is December 24 at midnight.)
    4. Authorize the BikeArlington Freezing Saddles app on Strava.
    5. Find out which team you are on.
    6. Join the appropriate club for your team on Strava. Here is a page with a link to each team's club on Strava. You'll need to go to the appropriate club on Strava and click the "Request to Join" link.

Bonus link:

Here is the leaderboard.

Given that I'm new here myself, does anyone have any additions or corrections to this list?
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-05-2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Modified now that we are in competition mode to show where people can find their team clubs to join.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the steps. One suggestion: contestants might want to register for the forum before filling out the Freezing Saddles application, so that they will have their forum username to put down on the application.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the steps - very helpful for those of us strava uninitiated!

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Just thought I'd post all the steps to enter the competition in one place. (I did this earlier, but it was buried in the comments instead of having its own post.) To enter, you need to:
    1. Register for Strava. (This must be done before filling out the application form, because you'll need your Strava information to fill out the form.)
    2. Fill out the application form. (Deadline is December 24 at midnight.)
    3. Register for this forum.
    5. Join the BikeArlington club on Strava.

Bonus link:

Here is the leaderboard.

Given that I'm new here myself, does anyone have any additions or corrections to this list?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestion! I've updated the original post accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Thanks for posting the steps. One suggestion: contestants might want to register for the forum before filling out the Freezing Saddles application, so that they will have their forum username to put down on the application.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Next steps?

Just followed all those steps. Excited to participate! What's next? I'm new to this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    2. Register for this forum. (It is helpful to have done this before filling out the application form, so that you can give your forum name on the application.)
    3. Fill out the application form. (Deadline is December 24 at midnight.)
    5. Join the BikeArlington club on Strava.

Bonus link:

Here is the leaderboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sethpo View Post
    Just followed all those steps. Excited to participate! What's next? I'm new to this thing.
    1. Sign up
    2. Go to happy hour on Jan 2nd in shirlington where teams will be announed
    3. Ride yer bike.
    4. ...
    5. Profit

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. ~~Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Cycle to work.... via Harpers Ferry.

Post Thanks / Like

Alas, I cannot go to happy hour in Shirlington on January 2! I have a preexisting commitment to a rehearsal for The Vagina Monologues, coming to Greenbelt Arts Center January 24 to February 8. I'm hoping that I will somehow get notified of which team I'm on, anyway.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the teams will be posted here shortly thereafter. We will need those teams to turn into Strava clubs (and everyone to join their respective teams) before the leaderboard will be functional in competition mode. Those (like myself) that are on the current board will drop off when the configured team list no longer includes BikeArlington. (And we'll reset the db to reflect the start of the competition on the 1st.)

Post Thanks / Like

People might also want to start thinking about possible names for their teams.
    Last edited by Arlingtonrider; 12-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.