Page 2 of 278 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 2773

Thread: OneEighth Sighting

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    4,472

    Default

    OneEighth sprints for the win of the State Inspections Performed Here Classic.



    Awesome race and a well deserved win. The chick gassing up her mini van was SOOOOOoooo impressed.

    Pete

    PS: We've got to stop meeting like this. People will talk.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    What a Fredtastic way to start my morning! I'll be smug all day long.
    And, uh, at my age, chicks in minivans would probably be the most realistic target demographic...just sayin'.
    Let 'em wonder.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    4,472

    Default

    Dude, they've got Mavericks on sale for $4.50/pack.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    4,472

    Default

    OneEighth was a no-show for the afternoon race. I took it in a solo break. The chick on the Trek Townie didn't stand a chance.


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Capitol Hill
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    OneEighth was a no-show for the afternoon race. I took it in a solo break. The chick on the Trek Townie didn't stand a chance.

    Now I'm sure I passed by you in the other direction 10 seconds after you took this. Yellow Van Dessel frame, yellow bar tape?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Ah, Cat6 fame is so fleeting. Thought I had the podium cornered, but no.
    We shall meet again, Mr. Man-on-the-Van-with-the-camera-in-his-hand.
    Congratulations on the crushing defeat of the Townie-girl.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    4,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Now I'm sure I passed by you in the other direction 10 seconds after you took this. Yellow Van Dessel frame, yellow bar tape?
    I was way too busy savoring my victory (and looking for other photographers to document how awesome I am) to notice anyone else.

    Just kidding. Honestly I didn't see you. Were you one of the folks at the far side of the traffic light at the beginning of the W&OD?

    Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    Ah, Cat6 fame is so fleeting. Thought I had the podium cornered, but no.
    We shall meet again, Mr. Man-on-the-Van-with-the-camera-in-his-hand.
    Congratulations on the crushing defeat of the Townie-girl.
    I still gotta check out the alleged Surly. I ordered parts for mine today, so I will have it back on the road soon.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I still gotta check out the alleged Surly. I ordered parts for mine today, so I will have it back on the road soon.
    Said alleged Surly is my ride of choice this week as the rain may cause the Specialized to melt. Or get dirty, which is way, way worse.

    In theory, the Surly in question will leave the Meto Center area at 1630 today and proceed down the MVT to 4 Mile Run and the W&OD.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    4,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    Said alleged Surly is my ride of choice this week as the rain may cause the Specialized to melt. Or get dirty, which is way, way worse.

    In theory, the Surly in question will leave the Meto Center area at 1630 today and proceed down the MVT to 4 Mile Run and the W&OD.
    I'll catch you later in the week. My ride time is similar, but I need to do some shopping in Clarendon, so I'm going up through Rosslyn.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Capitol Hill
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I was way too busy savoring my victory (and looking for other photographers to document how awesome I am) to notice anyone else.

    Just kidding. Honestly I didn't see you. Were you one of the folks at the far side of the traffic light at the beginning of the W&OD?
    Indeed. I was trying to avoid the dog walkers ahead of me so it was one of those "wait, I recognize that guy... from the internet!" moments after I was down the trail. I think I was riding a green Cross Check that day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •