Hello Everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself to the forum as the Safe Routes to School Coordinator for Arlington Public Schools. My name is Kyle Lukacs and I came to APS after working for the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy for almost three years. I grew up in the Kensington, MD area and I'm very excited to be working with the Arlington community. My main goal is to improve safety and promote active forms of transportation such as walking and biking to and from school through education, encouragement, enforcement, evaluation, and engineering.

We recently launched an APS SRTS website which you can view here. The website contains local success stories, information on SRTS funding, resources, links to partners, events, and more. I am currently working to identify parents, teachers, and community members who are interested in improving walking and bicycling conditions throughout Arlington Public Schools. If you or someone you know might be interested in the SRTS Program or helping to form a SRTS Team at an APS school, please get in touch with me!

I'll check this thread regularly, so please post any comments, questions, or suggestions you have. I'll do my best to respond as quickly as possible! Thanks!

Sincerely,

Kyle Lukacs
Kyle.Lukacs@apsva.us
Arlington Public Schools
2110 Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22204
P: 703-228-2132