Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Arlington Public Schools - Safe Routes to Schools Program

Post Thanks / Like

Post Arlington Public Schools - Safe Routes to Schools Program

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself to the forum as the Safe Routes to School Coordinator for Arlington Public Schools. My name is Kyle Lukacs and I came to APS after working for the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy for almost three years. I grew up in the Kensington, MD area and I'm very excited to be working with the Arlington community. My main goal is to improve safety and promote active forms of transportation such as walking and biking to and from school through education, encouragement, enforcement, evaluation, and engineering.

We recently launched an APS SRTS website which you can view here. The website contains local success stories, information on SRTS funding, resources, links to partners, events, and more. I am currently working to identify parents, teachers, and community members who are interested in improving walking and bicycling conditions throughout Arlington Public Schools. If you or someone you know might be interested in the SRTS Program or helping to form a SRTS Team at an APS school, please get in touch with me!

I'll check this thread regularly, so please post any comments, questions, or suggestions you have. I'll do my best to respond as quickly as possible! Thanks!

Sincerely,

Kyle Lukacs
    Kyle.Lukacs@apsva.us
    Arlington Public Schools
    2110 Washington Blvd.
    Arlington, VA 22204
    P: 703-228-2132
    Last edited by SRTS_Kyle; 12-12-2013 at 10:13 AM.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Kyle! Thanks for the introduction and the link.

FYI, my wife, Elenor Hodges, is in charge of Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment. If you don't already know her, or ACE, you might see her at a meeting someday or work with ACE as a partner. Elenor also grew up in Kensington. She rides a bike with our younger daughter to school sometimes.

-Rick
    Last edited by baiskeli; 12-13-2013 at 09:13 AM.