Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Kids Biking Team/Group

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids Biking Team/Group

Hi,
    I have a son who'll be 9 next month and loves to bike. Is there a group/team of similar aged kids he can bike with? With 2 younger siblings it's hard for us to bike as a family. If you know of an organized bike activity where he can meet others that shares his interest in biking, he'd love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I would recommend you still try to bike as much as a family as you can. BicycleSpace here in DC is selling some neat utility bikes that would allow the entire family to ride together.

There are a number of cycling events through out the year that you can participate in. Some of them even have shortened rides for the kids. Also don't forget about programs that promote safe cycling to school. I think WABA has an effort in that regard. Does your son's school participate? If not maybe you can start such an effort.

As far as racing goes I think Team Artemis has a youth program. But it may be geared to riders in their young teens. You can contact them here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2anita View Post
    Hi,
    I have a son who'll be 9 next month and loves to bike. Is there a group/team of similar aged kids he can bike with? With 2 younger siblings it's hard for us to bike as a family. If you know of an organized bike activity where he can meet others that shares his interest in biking, he'd love it.
    My brother Patrick is heavily involved in Trails for Youth ( http://www.trailsforyouth.org/wordpress/ ) which is located in the DC area.

Brendan