Thread: Crystal City Above Ground

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crystal City Above Ground

While I'm at it, two other things that have been bugging me for a bit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clark Street.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	4120
    The concrete lip around this grate is starting to get quite formidable. (and I've become less a fan of going over grates ever since that guy fell down one in Ballston a few weeks ago)

Name:	IMG_4001.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	4121
    I have never been completely fond of the intersection of Glebe and Potomac Ave ever since the Alexandria portion of Potomac Ave opened. One easy fix here is 'right lane must turn right - except bicycles'

Name:	IMG_4003.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	4123

The two 90 degree turns to get onto the path have always vexed me. (i know, go up to the back entrance of 3600 Glebe and enter there - I do when I'm not dock hopping. That's why I want that 'except bicycles' sign)

And with the distance between the call for signal button and the curb cut, I would imagine this would be a real pain were I mobility impaired. And doesn't help one make a left onto Potomac (i.e. towards the center of Crystal City) from that bike dock.

2. Likes KLizotte liked this post
    KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the signal button is really far from the curb cut. I'm surprised that is allowed.

Post Thanks / Like

For that grate lip, you can report a hazard/pothole here: http://www.arlingtonva.us/department...te/resform.htm

(FYI--I think the Ballston incident was over a building ventilation shaft. Not a street level grate that frequently has vehicle traffic over it.)