Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's talk about Rosslyn

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    1. Fix the Intersection of Doom
    2. See #1
    3. See #1
    4. See #1
    5. See #1
    6. See #1
    7. See #1
    8. See #1
    9. See #1
    10. See #1
    For those interested in an interesting solution, I posted this a couple of years ago. The beauty of it is that it requires no new bridges or tunnels and removes the conflict entirely. The ugly of it is that it requires a lot of players (NPS, VDOT, and a private landowner) to agree.
    http://greatergreaterwashington.org/...-intersection/

2. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    For those interested in an interesting solution, I posted this a couple of years ago. The beauty of it is that it requires no new bridges or tunnels and removes the conflict entirely. The ugly of it is that it requires a lot of players (NPS, VDOT, and a private landowner) to agree.
    http://greatergreaterwashington.org/...-intersection/
    I showed that article to the Realize Rosslyn folks in our meeting and they were interested enough to have me email them a link when I got home.

4. Likes brendan, dasgeh liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    I showed that article to the Realize Rosslyn folks in our meeting and they were interested enough to have me email them a link when I got home.
    As long as you also talked about separating bikes from peds on the Custis...

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Goody Clancy (Arlington's consultant on the Realize Rosslyn sector plan update) has released the results of a year-long review of the proposal to deck over I-66 in Rosslyn and lease air rights for mixed-use development.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto....html?page=all

According to the study, current rental rates in Rosslyn wouldn't support the expense of decking over the highway. If anything happens, it may not happen for another 20 years. There is also concern that such projects could divert investment from the core to the fringe in Rosslyn. But it's also possible that air rights development could encourage more activity in the center. So they are essentially saying it could be good or it could be bad. Hmm...

Anyway, it people are relying on such developments for improving the Lynn/Lee Hwy intersection, this might not be the best source of funding, not if it won't happen for 20 years.