Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: SUV hit cyclist on N. Glebe this a.m.?

Post Thanks / Like

Default SUV hit cyclist on N. George Mason {Corrected} this a.m.?

If you are going to get hit by a car, I suppose one could not find a better spot than directly across from Arlington Hospital. At about about 7:45 a.m, rescue personnel were attending to a cyclist sitting on the ground as large SUV was stopped in the middle of the intersection where a side street intersects N. George Mason {CORRECTED} (it appeared SUV had hit him by the way it was positioned, though unconfirmed).

Don't see anything online about it, hope he's OK.
    Last edited by JFF; 11-05-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Corrected location

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to hear -- hope the cyclist is okay. That section of Glebe (as well as nearby Lee Hwy) is terrifying at rush hour.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Arlington Hospital Center on N George Mason? Hope the cyclist is ok.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    Isn't Arlington Hospital Center on N George Mason? Hope the cyclist is ok.
    Sorry, I only know of the Virginia Hospital Center.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFF View Post
    I suppose one could not find a better spot than directly across from Arlington Hospital.
    It's probably morbid, but this is what I always tell myself about my commute - the only on-road section is all within a few blocks of the hospital, so I figure if I'm going to be hit, that's as good a place as any. Although I'm also pretty watchful for erratic behavior through there, since I figure many folks driving to the hospital are likely to be distracted, looking for parking, pre-occupied, etc. I hope the cyclist is OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vhc

Virginia Hospital Center is located at N. George Mason Drive and N. 16th St. and encompasses a number of blocks to the north and east.

I also hope the cyclist is OK. People haul up and down George Mason Drive from beginning to end. This intersection is pretty busy despite being on "side streets."

PS- if you are a local, it will always be Arlington Hospital, much like it will always be National Airport.