ELITE ELITE:  6
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Good News on Infrastructure thread

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meanwhile in Germany (Berlin)

2. Likes dasgeh, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washington Blvd Trail Phase 2 is now appearing in Google Maps and being used for routing.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

A clever idea from Dan Storck FFX county supervisor

https://coveringthecorridor.com/2019...UYs83ZvMdtmaHo

Note it would NOT mean a new MVT entrance in FFX - it would connect via that long bridge side path that runs from Rte 1 in the County to Washington Street in the City.

5. Likes buschwacker liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pleased as punch about the new SB bike lane on 7th Street SW, from Eye Street to Maine. I had heard years ago that something like this was coming with the new development (the building at the corner of 7th and Eye, not the Wharf) but when that building was finished and I saw only a sharrows NB on 7th, I guessed DDOT had given up. The new lane is actually striped (with dashes) through the 7th and Eye intersection from the Eye Street WB lane, which is not a treatment I recall seeing around here. It was always an awkward semi-vehicular left, and one of the pain points remaining on my commute.

And a little bird tells me that a NB lane will be appearing soon on the same block.

7. Likes buschwacker, Starduster, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I am pleased as punch about the new SB bike lane on 7th Street SW, from Eye Street to Maine. I had heard years ago that something like this was coming with the new development (the building at the corner of 7th and Eye, not the Wharf) but when that building was finished and I saw only a sharrows NB on 7th, I guessed DDOT had given up. The new lane is actually striped (with dashes) through the 7th and Eye intersection from the Eye Street WB lane, which is not a treatment I recall seeing around here. It was always an awkward semi-vehicular left, and one of the pain points remaining on my commute.

And a little bird tells me that a NB lane will be appearing soon on the same block.
    "Pleased as punch"? You must remember Hubert Humphrey...

9. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    "Pleased as punch"? You must remember Hubert Humphrey...
    I try to be the "happy warrior" of bike advocacy. Though there is a lot in the way of that. Sigh. Nextdoor. Sigh.

Anyway, the NB lane on 7th from Maine to Eye SW is now done, and looking good.

11. Likes dasgeh liked this post