I'm excited for 2 new pieces of bicycle infrastructure that look like they are close to being completed!

The 2-way protected bike lane on the north side of Fairfax Dr between Glebe Rd and Wakefield St/Bluemont Connector (path leading to the Custis Trail) is really coming along. Right now, it's a de facto sidewalk (a sidewalk is being built next to it, so peds will be separated), and it looks really nice, but it's still not finished. If you choose to ride on it, be careful as the concrete and asphalt do not yet meet (I'm thinking another layer of asphalt is going to be added since the difference is at least 4 inches).

Looking west from the corner of Fairfax Dr/Glebe Rd
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upcomingBikeInfra - 1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	14594
Looking west toward Wakefield St/Fairfax Dr/Bluemont Connector

Name:	upcomingBikeInfra - 2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	14595

A new connection between Ashlawn Elementary School and Bluemont Park (and by extension, Four Mile Run Trail and W&OD Trail) looks almost complete. Ashlawn (my kindergarten alma mater, and yes, these things are important to point out) folks will have a new and safer way of getting across Manchester St on their way to/from the school. The path was being built as part of the renovation (read: major upgrade) to ballfield 3 in Bluemont Park, and the new ballfield even has cute baseball-shaped bike racks!

Next to the tennis courts, one can see the connection to 4MR and the baseball bike racks

Name:	upcomingBikeInfra - 3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	14596
Traffic calmed crossing of Manchester St

Name:	upcomingBikeInfra - 4.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	14597