Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Furthest afield Bikeshare bike in use spotted?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    I saw one on Thursday heading down 395 the wrong way on to the 14th St Bridge. Yes, on the interstate - southbound in the northbound lanes. Godspeed, little CaBi...
    Oh my!

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

This summer I saw a pair crossing Chain Bridge into VA...would've loved to see them attempt 41st St or even Glebe. It's too bad Strava doesn't have a CaBi plugin with CaBi specific KOM/QOMs. I think that could really drive up CaBi usage, just like the winter warrior contest they did that first year.

Post Thanks / Like

This was not a CaBi bike and I could have taken a picture because I was stuck in traffic going west-bound but I recently saw some dude on a mountain bike heading east on the SE/SW freeway east of the South Capitol Street on-ramp during the afternoon rush.

Given that the highway is elevated wouldn't it have been easier (and safer!) for this person to ride the ground level streets to get where he was going, as opposed to climbing 3 stories up an on-ramp??

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    This was not a CaBi bike and I could have taken a picture because I was stuck in traffic going west-bound but I recently saw some dude on a mountain bike heading east on the SE/SW freeway east of the South Capitol Street on-ramp during the afternoon rush.

Given that the highway is elevated wouldn't it have been easier (and safer!) for this person to ride the ground level streets to get where he was going, as opposed to climbing 3 stories up an on-ramp??
    That section used to be part of my car commute...90% of the time a bike would be faster than traffic, but still illegal and ill-advised, to say the least!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if it was my report you're thinking of, but I did see that on a really hot day in July 2011. He was actually making pretty good time - we passed him at Belle Harbor, he got to Mt. Vernon as we were leaving, and he caught up with us again at Belle Harbor on the way back!