Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DC to Annapolis

Post Thanks / Like

Resurrecting the thread:

I'm planning to ride from DC to Annapolis on the 23rd and wanted to invite anyone that would be interested. The plan is to keep the route between 75-100 miles and pace at about 14-16 average.

I'm not set on taking the same route back to DC. I've been thinking about instead riding up to Baltimore via the Baltimore & Annapolis trail and then taking the MARC back, but nothing's set in stone yet.

Based on the routes listed here and on Ride With GPS, I think I have a rough route planned, but as most of what I've found is four years old or older, I wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions.

2. Likes bobco85, ChampionTier, jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did this route with Komorebi and LSG last year: https://www.strava.com/activities/613406411

Utilized trails to get outside of DC. The ART wasn't open at the time, which I'm sure we'd take instead of going through the city. I remember it being a nice ride with only a couple short sections of busy highway. We ended up taking the MARC at BWI instead of heading into Baltimore on the trail.

I was thinking about doing the Firefighter 50 on the 23rd but I might be interested in riding to Annapolis again if it's not too hot. For route stuff, my strategy is always to convince Komorebi that she wants to bike to where I want to bike and then she plans an awesome route, so I'd encourage you to offer her bribes to ride.

4. Likes bobco85, jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. I'm in a pinch here. I really want to get in on a century, even an "unofficial one," before I leave for vacation in mid-August, and riding to Annapolis was one of the things I was eyeing. This would be PERFECT!

Unfortunately I've already committed to spending most of Saturday the 22nd veloteering for Tour de Fat, and I'm sensitive to try to not spend both days of a weekend on the bike, neglecting the husband... Is the 23rd firm? Or is the 30th an option?

If the latter, I'm in! If the former, I'm a solid maybe and will have to do some negotiating/cutting things from the schedule on the 22nd.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty firm on the 23rd, but if I'm the only one who can, but 5 can on the 30th I'd adjust.

The Washapomore DC Double Metric Loop is also an option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AFHokie; 07-12-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm down for the 23rd or 30th -- looking forward to it!

Can I hold onto your seatpost if I get tired?

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. I'm a maybe on this. Depends on Komo (+) and Judd (-). If they both go they sort of cancel out.

What time were you thinking of heading out?

9. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw, man, I really want to go on this, but stupid family is going to be in town starting the Saturday afternoon before. If they cancel, I will come on this!

...besides, it'd be nice to go on a long bike ride with you into MD without the shivering and hypothermia, although those were key aspects of it

11. Likes jrenaut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a caravan is starting to form. I'm a very likely yes mostly to discourage Steve O. Where art thou, Komorebi?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a maybe. What time in the AM are people thinking about leaving? It just depends if I can pull myself out of bed in time.

I can also do the 30th. That's the preferable date for me but no worries if everyone else likes the 23rd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emm View Post
    It just depends if I can pull myself out of bed in time.
    You can do it... I believe in you.

15. Likes Emm liked this post