Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: You are invited: A conversation about transportation in DC - Sept 25 6:30-8:30 pm

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You are invited: A conversation about transportation in DC - Sept 25 6:30-8:30 pm

YOU ARE INVITED

Transportation in the City:
    DC at the forefront of innovative transportation

DC-area residents have more choices about how to get around today than ever before. Car sharing, bike sharing and ride sharing—and the apps that make these services possible—are revolutionizing transportation as we know it. DC is a hotbed of transportation innovation that the rest of the nation is watching.

Join transportation entrepreneurs for Transportation in the City, a discussion about new ways to get around and the future of transportation in Washington, DC and beyond. We'll discuss what's working and why, market and demographic trends that make these services succeed, the role of public policy in this field and how startup innovations are making a difference.

The event will feature:

Donna Harris, Co-founder, 1776
    Sita Vasan, Executive Director, SwitchPitch
    Martin Di Caro, Transportation Reporter, WAMU
    Tom Fairchild, Director, Mobility Lab
    Moderated by Ilana Preuss, Vice President and Chief of Staff, Smart Growth America
    Meet and mingle with representatives from innovative transportation providers, including RideScout, Zipcar, Uber, RidePost, Taxi Magic, Capital Bikeshare, Hitch, myTaxi, WMATA and others.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013
    6:30-8:30 PM
    At 1776
    1133 15th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20005

https://transportationinthecity.eventbrite.com/

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

*bump*

Post Thanks / Like

Missed this when it was first posted. Too bad it's at the same time as a transportation planning class I have.

Who am I kidding? With kid at home, I probably wouldn't have made it anyway, class or no. Sounds cool, though.