Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Rosslyn Circle of Death - Auto beautification

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosslyn Circle of Death - Auto beautification

This morning I did my usual left turn from the Mount Vernon Trail into the crosswalk spanning the I66 off ramp to head south on Lynn Street. Not one but two cars - one in the middle lane - blew the red light to turn right onto Lynn in the direction of Key Bridge. I let them go because I didn't want to make a big dent on their hoods and get icky blood all over everything. That might slow them down and ruin their whole day. Can I get a medal from VDOT for sharing the road?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you'll get anything from VDOT, but you definitely get a gold star from BikeArlington!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    I don't think you'll get anything from VDOT, but you definitely get a gold star from BikeArlington!
    He should get 2 for being a P.A.L.!

Formerly of the Pike where I was hit twice in bike-friendly Arlington. Now in Takoma Park.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing shocking here, but last night riding west through Rosslyn, I had a typically unpleasant experience trying to push through the crosswalk at Lynn on Custis. At either N Quinn or N Scott, I came upon probably 10+ ACPD cars and one man waiting on something or another. Probably had been an accident, but I didn't see any vehicles beyond police cars. Makes one wonder if they couldn't reallocate an officer or two.