Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Connections

Post Thanks / Like

Spotted Dirt this morning near the Jefferson Memorial headed toward the bridge. His bright pink cast rivaled the sun as a warm, friendly beacon on a chilly morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Spotted him twice today - once on the MVT coming down by the airport and again at the Rite Aid in Ballston with some of the other board folks (I think I saw Dasgeh and her family chatting with him). Dude is a total boss.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

That was the kidical mass ride (ended at Columbia Pike farmers market). Yeah, great to see Dirt and excellent ride put on by dasgeh.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicDiesel View Post
    Spotted him twice today - once on the MVT coming down by the airport and again at the Rite Aid in Ballston with some of the other board folks (I think I saw Dasgeh and her family chatting with him). Dude is a total boss.
    I was so confused -- you must mean the Rite Aid on Columbia Pike. Yep, Dirt was our VIP ride marshall. His bike and his smile were huge hits. Thanks again for coming out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    I was so confused -- you must mean the Rite Aid on Columbia Pike. Yep, Dirt was our VIP ride marshall. His bike and his smile were huge hits. Thanks again for coming out!
    That is the one. We actually didn't get out of the car (we were in a green Outback looking for a parking space that never came) but my wife saw your kids in the bakfiet and said "ok, we have to get one of those and the mohawk helmet".

We saw Dirt blasting off on the trike when we gave up on parking, which was pretty awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, it was good to see you at Kidical Mass! I wanted to say hi after the ride but you were gone in a flash!

Post Thanks / Like

Kidical Mass was AWESOME!!! Y'all are my heroes.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a giant pink trike coming at me on the PA Ave cycletracks and knew who it was long before I could make out the face. I should have stopped to talk, but I was carrying a giant backpack of groceries, and I'm on my way to get the kids from school. Next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    I saw a giant pink trike coming at me on the PA Ave cycletracks and knew who it was long before I could make out the face. I should have stopped to talk, but I was carrying a giant backpack of groceries, and I'm on my way to get the kids from school. Next time!
    Wasn't it 15th St Cycletrack? Nice to see you, sir.

I saw Rod Smith cross 15th about 2 blocks later. I was half a block away and late to get home or I would have given chase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Wasn't it 15th St Cycletrack? Nice to see you, sir.

I saw Rod Smith cross 15th about 2 blocks later. I was half a block away and late to get home or I would have given chase.
    Yes, it was 15th St. My encounter on PA Ave was with a u-turning taxi cab (shocker). I was in SUCH A HURRY to get the kids that I can't think straight. We took the Burley trailer to soccer practice again, my smug-o-meter rating is pretty high this evening (tempered a bit by the 3 year old's giant tantrum as we were leaving).