Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sizing 58 or 60 to 4

Quote Originally Posted by jwfisher3 View Post
    Know it? Hell, I can still play the opening drum riff on a handy drum kit - it's the high-hat syncopation that makes it . . . .
    Ahhh.. Danny Seraphine was tough to cover, I played "25 or 6 to 4" for a while in a terrible cover band. - ANSWER: Chicago, 1986 "Chicago 18"

As for sizing, pretty much everyone below hit the nail on the head. The one thing I would add is that "feel" from a short test ride is not always to be trusted. I bought a bike that was borderline too small years ago (on a whim) and was convinced it would work. test rode it 10 miles and plonked my cash down. The next day I rode it 40 miles and realized I had made a terrible mistake. Luckily I only use it for quick errands but it taught me a lesson. BTW, the sales person did try and talk me out of it!

I am 6'4" with a 34.5 inseam and ride a 58 in both the Venge and Crux. The Allez has very similar geometry to my Venge and would not be surprised if he likes the 58 better.

That said, Specialized does seem to spec these with 120mm stems and you could make the reach on the 61 much shorter by swapping it for a 90. The two sizes only differ by 5mm in reach, but 25mm in stack. The choice between these two sizes IMO comes down to how low you want the bars.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    Ahhh.. Danny Seraphine was tough to cover, I played "25 or 6 to 4" for a while in a terrible cover band. - ANSWER: Chicago, 1986 "Chicago 18"
    Hmmm.... His name's Richard. He comes from England. He plays the drums. I move that we start calling Dickie Ringo.