Likes Likes:  52
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another car on the W&OD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DismalScientist View Post
    #1 is wrong. There is a covenient driveway-type ramp northbound trail access.
    Well, sorta. There are two access points, but neither is wide enough to accommodate the width of a car. One set of tires would still have to go up a curb. http://goo.gl/maps/Wilse
    Last edited by txgoonie; 07-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

...people are idiots. Remember your mom asking you "if your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?" Well, if a GPS directed them off a bridge, 20% of the population would totally go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web.
    What did these people do before there were internets to troll? Send a lot of letters to the editor? Randomly interrupt conversations at the local tavern?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web. Stop reading comments sections on the web.
    Oh, I don't know - I rather enjoyed the "Never mind the Bollards, here's the Sex Pistols" comment!

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tide19 View Post
    What did these people do before there were internets to troll? Send a lot of letters to the editor? Randomly interrupt conversations at the local tavern?
    Yes and yes. Think Ignatius Reilly, Myrna Minkoff, and Cliff Claven.

Post Thanks / Like

this reminds me of a guy who drove off a cliff and landed on someones roof saying, 'the gps told me to turn right'

Post Thanks / Like

Those comments are pretty tame. Some are even funny.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    4. He didn't register that, "hey, a whole bunch of pedestrians and cyclists seem to be standing on the side of the road staring at me; maybe something is wrong."
    [...]
    6. On his entry point, what more can be done to help prevent any future incidents like this? While I would advocate for a flexpost bollard to be placed in the middle of the trail where the stop sign is, I do think that spot could lose a lot of the asphalt and a "No left/right turn" signs on Columbia Pike could help.
    I believe he had his family in the car -- I'm surprised no peds tried to flag him down to tell him it wasn't a road. Unless he really was moving, which is extra scary.

On the entry point, I could see adding more prominent signage that automobiles, etc are prohibited.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wonder how the hell someone can possibly think they are on a road. I mean, I can get accidentally turning into the W&OD in places. Its paved, there are curb cuts, etc. But as soon as you're on it, how can you not notice its (at most) 10 feet wide and has a yellow line in the middle and lacks road signs and is full of pedestrians and people on bikes and stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

stories like this remind you that almost half the people on the road are dumber than most.