Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left crank arm falls off; and I eat it

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for all of your guys' concern and advice; rev cycles clarendon is going to call me today and update me on what they can do.

Hopefully they'll repair everything at no cost to me since the bike just left their shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry this happened Lim. Hopefully Revolution comes through for you.

On ebubar's note: and I've had the exact opposite experience with them. Took my mtb in because one of the shifters wasn't working properly. The mechanic said it might need to be replaced. Another mechanic called later in the afternoon, said the grease inside the shifter was gummy. He cleaned it, relubed it, and said come and get it, no charge. Every mechanic I've had look at my stuff there has me coming away riding and smiling. Luck of the draw I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ebubar View Post
    Sorry to hear this, but glad you're okay! I seem to have really bad luck with Revolution Cycles. I'd say to definitely hold them accountable and make sure they don't mess anything else up. If you know of anyone who works on bikes, maybe try and have them give it a once over. Not to say Revolution isn't trustworthy, but they tried to replace my seatpost with a cracked one and then one of the wrong size. If I didn't know what I needed from talking to the fine folks on here, i'd probably be hurt from their incompetence!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGortex View Post
    Sorry this happened Lim. Hopefully Revolution comes through for you.

On ebubar's note: and I've had the exact opposite experience with them. Took my mtb in because one of the shifters wasn't working properly. The mechanic said it might need to be replaced. Another mechanic called later in the afternoon, said the grease inside the shifter was gummy. He cleaned it, relubed it, and said come and get it, no charge. Every mechanic I've had look at my stuff there has me coming away riding and smiling. Luck of the draw I guess.
    I think my particular Revolution perhaps just isn't so great. It probably stems from a poor manager running things when I got my wife and I our bikes (their words). Hope all works out well for the crank though! I'm sure everything will be well taken care of!

Post Thanks / Like

The first rule for any business is that the brand doesn't matter--only the person you're dealing with matters. Once upon a time when you dealt with small long-term family businesses the institution did matter more, but those days are long gone.