Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ArlNow reports a "collission between two bicyclists" on Custis

Post Thanks / Like

Default ArlNow reports a "collission between two bicyclists" on Custis

Via Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARLnowDOTcom/sta...04290811752448

"Medics responding to collision between two bicyclists on the Custis Trail near Ballston. Significant injuries reported."

Edit: that should have been "collision" in the title.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got on the Custis at the Beaver Pond and the guy who I merged behind was warning cyclists heading east about an accident. Hope everyone is okay, and thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Rode by this on the way home last night. A cyclist was conscious and sitting up, being attended to by paramedics. I didn't notice anyone else being attended to in my brief glance; maybe the other cyclist was uninjured or ambulatory. It was QUITE the teachable moment for the scouts.

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the Custis just after 6 outbound. It was super crowded. And too many different paces. An accident waiting to happen. Is it always that bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    I was on the Custis just after 6 outbound. It was super crowded. And too many different paces. An accident waiting to happen. Is it always that bad?
    The Custis is a substandard facility (too narrow, bad sight lines, poor alignments). If it were a road it would have been upgraded years ago, but cyclists and pedestrians don't have a level of service metric so (basically) nobody cares. We're basically lucky to have the right of way at all, don't hold your breath waiting for improvements.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    As far as crowds go, I'll take the Custis over the MVT just about every time. I think because of the hills it tends to attract less of the riff-raff that are just looking for a trail on which to meander. It really only gets bad in Rosslyn, but once you get past Nash it clears up considerably.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    As far as crowds go, I'll take the Custis over the MVT just about every time. I think because of the hills it tends to attract less of the riff-raff that are just looking for a trail on which to meander. It really only gets bad in Rosslyn, but once you get past Nash it clears up considerably.
    Stop trying to put a positive spin on the Custis Hills.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crash

I must have shown up right after this happened - called the ambulance and directed the medics to the hurt biker, but had to get home so didn't stick around. One guy seemed to be in pretty bad shape - any report on what happened, is he okay, etc.?

I hope he ended up better than it appeared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    Stop trying to put a positive spin on the Custis Hills.
    There's a negative spin to the Custis Hills? Where else would you pass people on that trail?

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Custis and I have come to an understanding. I still have issues with the MVT.