Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tour De Fat!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    We are planning two/three group rides from Phoenix Bikes in Barcroft Park. One early (8am) for a couple of us working the event all day; another around 11am for the teens in our program who can't/wont meet for an early ride. There will possibly be a third around 1pm with the staffers who will close the shop early to join the fun.

We are also still in need of a couple of volunteers to help us with taking down the event (from 5-7pm). You can enjoy the event, then get your do-gooder points after (and ride home in the cooler evening air.) Contact henry@phoenixbikes.org if you can help.
    Bump. Henry is still looking for about 5 more volunteers... if you are interested in some CycleKarma points.

Live on Capitol Hill, work in downtown DC
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there, bringing an out-of-state friend (who's actually in town for THE event of the weekend--The Washington Post Hunt--but who decided to come down early for Tour de Fat).

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

According to WABA's facebook page on the TdF there will be a free bike valet offered at the event.

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be a need for volunteers so I changed plans and am going to ride over early (8 a.m.) and help some folks out. So won't be at Best Buns at 9 to lead a group from Shirlington. I'll be helping real early with the Phoenix Bikes set up, then doing ID checks with FABB, then hopefully joining the parade. Please come by and say hi! - Kathy

5. Likes FFX_Hinterlands, Rod Smith, brendan liked this post
    ELITE rcannon100 ELITED this post