Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tour De Fat!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tour De Fat!

Who's going? It's going to be a little hot, I think. The Nat's schedule says no game on that day, which should mean it's quieter than usual down there.

I'll be working the afternoon shift (1-5) at the wristband station. I'll be wearing a be-jeweled Tie and (probably) a floppy brimmed hat. Stop by and say hello!!

Tom

2. Likes Arlingtonrider, KelOnWheels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be there for sure!

4. Likes Arlingtonrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't decide what to wear! (But I registered for the parade!)

6. Likes Arlingtonrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going and might be seen riding in a tutu. Would anyone like to convoy from the W&OD, Shirlington, or the MVT - especially anyone good at navigation around the Yards Park area?

8. Likes KelOnWheels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kel, want to meet up on the trail somewhere? I plan to participate in the parade too. I'm pretty sure you can register on site. It's a slow ride but loads of fun and all for a great cause (us, via WABA)!

This event is so much fun! Some of the costumes are amazing and the whole day is filled with all sorts of great entertainment and things to do, including crazy insane bikes you can ride, all sponsored by New Belgium Brewing Co. to show their support for biking and WABA. And there's beer, too!

10. Likes KelOnWheels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    Kel, want to meet up on the trail somewhere? I plan to participate in the parade too. I'm pretty sure you can register on site. It's a slow ride but loads of fun and all for a great cause (us, via WABA)!

This event is so much fun! Some of the costumes are amazing and the whole day is filled with all sorts of great entertainment and things to do, including crazy insane bikes you can ride, all sponsored by New Belgium Brewing Co. to show their support for biking and WABA. And there's beer, too!
    That would be awesome! We can have a little parade-going convoy

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I might take my older daughter again this year, but not sure how close-in we'll start our ride or whether she'll be on her own bike or the trail-a bike.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who weren't there last year - there are several shaded areas for cooling off if it gets hot and lots of water, other beverages and food available for sale. Last year they also had people carrying trays of cups of ice water that they were giving out to anyone who wanted one. A nice touch!

14. Likes KelOnWheels, dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping to go, but might not be able to make it until 3:30 or so. Last year's was a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

I've volunteered to be a marshall so I'm thinking a badge and spurs maybe? A six gun would be frowned on in the city I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    I can't decide what to wear...