Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Convoy from W&OD/Gallows into Tysons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eminva View Post
    ...take the W&OD to Gallows. Turn right on Gallows (or left if you are coming from the west). There are bike lanes. Turn right on Gallows Branch Road and then left on Kidwell Drive. That turns into Towers Crescent Drive and has an overpass over Route 7. Turn right onto Shoptysons Boulevard. Turn left on Fashion Boulevard, which will take you right to LL Bean.

If you come by the Vienna pit stop, say hello! I'll be there for the duration.
    That was my exact route. Stated at Vienna pit stop, which was hopping at 6:45ish, a lot of folks were out and more were showing up. From the Vienna to the Tysons pit stop was 16 minutes, then around Westpark to my office, door-to-door in 26:30 (not counting pit stop time).

Commute was fairly easy, other than starting on a few hills on Gallows or Westpark stoplights, and the kindly fellow who smashed some glass on the bike lane near Tysons. After pulling off on Gallows Branch, didn't see much traffic after that until Westpark (near Rt 7), but I started in Vienna at 6:45 and got in early. Wouldn't want to roll through Tysons after 8:00a.

The Tysons pit stop was abandoned at 7:00-7:10 or so when I was there. When I showed up, I was the only person. Another biker joined just after that and left about the same time I was, and it looked like a third bike was just rolling in. Hope it picked up as the morning wore on. Kinda disappointed the Tysons stop didn't have any food, coffee, or water. Skipped the coffee in Vienna figuring I'd get a cup closer to work.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the Tysons PS at about 7:15. Only two other people were there (maybe one was you?) Not much there. I skipped breakfast thinking I could pick up a brownie or something like I did last year, but the cupboard was bare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimF22003 View Post
    (maybe one was you?)
    Possibly. I was in black jersey, black slacks, blue helmet. On a white road bike.

Given that La Sandia and California Pizza Kitchen were sponsors and the site said "refreshments," I was expecting something to munch on. But the two restaurants didn't even have a table or representatives out there. Can a biker get a Cali pizza and a shot of tequila from Sandia?
    Last edited by scott930; 05-17-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to Tyson's late, was there at 8:35. Only a couple people there, one was having is CAAD10 looked at by the REI wrench.