Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: W Und OD - Wait for Walk Signs

Post Thanks / Like

Default W Und OD - Wait for Walk Signs

I'm not one to snitch, but the new signs that just went up at the Lee Highway/W&OD crossing are the definition of a bad joke. I haven't seen a single person wait for the "walk sign" before jogging/biking/walking out into Lee Highway. Last night I waited patiently for the walk sign only to avoid a narrow miss by a dude in a Ford Focus making a right onto Lee Highway from the 66 off ramp. I guess I should just go back to being a scofflaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw that this morning. I thought about it and then (inner dialogue) "Nahhh". I'll go.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even notice that nonsense anymore usually.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pfunkallstar View Post
    I guess I should just go back to being a scofflaw.
    Let safety be your guide young padawan.

An unsafe law is no law at all - St. Madonna del Ghisallo

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if this is related, but they removed the "illegal" stop signs along W&OD near Barcroft Park.

Before: Red stop sign with "Required by Law" underneath it, ground having "Stop" written on it
    Now: White sign with "Only cross on (picture of walk signal)", ground still has "Stop" written on it

So, at least the signs went from being legally ambivalent to redundant, a slight improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed them the other day, but I agree with others: Until/unless they address all of the potential traffic conflicts, I'll continue crossing when it makes the most sense for my safety, which is NOT always when the walk sign is illuminated. That said, I've watched a host of folks cross at times that were definitely NOT safe, seemingly with no regard for the natural traffic patterns, the signals or any other apparent thought process involved. Perhaps the signs will have some (limited) positive impact on these folks? Nah.