Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call for Volunteers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acc View Post
    I have my recital that night, so the drinking will have to wait.
    Well that's worth celebrating! Though I reluctantly concede it may be better to do so afterwards than before.

Any others who want to come help me at Vienna are welcome. Feel free to join anytime between 6:30 and 8:30 a.m. I'm on my own as my usual FABB colleague, Hunter, can't make it this year. Especially welcome are those who can give directions to the far ends of the earth such as Fairfax City. I hope that woman I misdirected last year isn't still wandering around.

Come say hi if you can't stop to help!

Liz

Post Thanks / Like

Bump bump!

We're still looking to round up a few more volunteers. Any takers?

Post Thanks / Like

I would have volunteered right away if I was going to be in town. Will try for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    I would have volunteered right away if I was going to be in town. Will try for next year.
    You are top of the 2014 list!

Post Thanks / Like

I can help out at Ballston and 5:30 is not early in my book. Is there a way to switch your home station or even check to see which one you selected? I think I signed up for the one Tri 360 is doing in the afternoon. if the weather is good and work behaves itself I might make bike to work a bike rather than work day. Wil coffee be flowing or should I bring?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Volunteering at Ballston

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Hi Everyone--

As usual, we will need as much help as possible to set up and manage the crowds at Rosslyn (Gateway Park) and Ballston (Fresh Bikes Bike Shop, 3924 Wilson Blvd).

Both pit stops run from 6:30am to 9am. Yes, itís ridiculously early, but the adrenalin of the event will wake you up. Set up will start at 5:30am for both pit stops, so we do need people to help at 5:30am if possible. If you canít make it at 5:30am, we understand, just let us know what time you can arrive.

If you can make it, either reply here or send an email to info@bikearlington.com

Thanks!!
    Tim, I can help out at Ballston but I can not attend the training on Wednesday night. Please let me know if that is ok. I could be there between 5:30 - 6 am. I will be riding in from Alexandria.
    Kim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kandersen02 View Post
    Tim, I can help out at Ballston but I can not attend the training on Wednesday night. Please let me know if that is ok. I could be there between 5:30 - 6 am. I will be riding in from Alexandria.
    Kim
    Thanks Kim! No training needed beforehand, just show up at Gateway Park between 5:30 and 6!

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Thanks Kim! No training needed beforehand, just show up at Gateway Park between 5:30 and 6!
    Training? I'm doing the Ride of Silence from Hains Point this evening after a few laps of East Potomac Park. I hope to see lots of you at Fresh Bikes in Ballston on Friday morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    I think Dirt is more like Elvis.
    I am not now, nor have I ever been, in Joan Rivers.

I will, however, be volunteering at 0530 at Ballston and early in the afternoon at the West Arlington "way home" stop on the W&OD and Lee Hwy (At the Falls Church/Arlington line).

Love,

Dirt

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be at the early early shift in Ballston and am depending on Dirt to wake me up with appropriate inappropriate songs and dancing. I will then go to Rosslyn around 7:15 - 7:30ish.