Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOD and Curtis Trail Condition on Feb 6, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post

The only tricky thing is going to be when the temps drop. There was a lot of snowmelt on the trail, I suspect that things will get icy in places early in the morning and later in the evening.
    Yeah, that's how it was at 3:30 this morning. Generally passable but when you saw a spot that looked wet you could be assured it was glaze ice.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode the Custis and W&OD from Courthouse (Veitch St) to Vienna (Maple St). There is at least a six inch wide clear pavement strip the entire way. Most is clear, but the track is the hill before mile post 3 on the Custis,and then on the W&OD iin Falls Chruch between Little Falls and Great Falls, then both before and after the Shreve Rd crossing, and from Gallows Rd to Park St in Vienna. There will probably be reicing overnight if we get below freezing again.

Post Thanks / Like

Friend and I rode from Clark's Crossing to the Herndon caboose tonight. A few spots of single-track, but otherwise totally rideable. We were both on roadies and slicks. SOOOOOOOOOO nice to be back on the trail as opposed to Route 7.

Definitely the black ice concern tomorrow morning, but I'll be out there anyway.