Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk - Now Recruiting Bicyclists for our Crew!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk - Now Recruiting Bicyclists for our Crew!

Hello Bike Arlington Community!

My name is Roze and Iím the Crew Coordinator for the Out of the Darkness Overnight. Organized by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, the Out of the Darkness Overnight is a 16-18 mile journey through the night starting at dusk on June 1 and ending at dawn on June 2 in Washington, DC. It's a unique opportunity to bring the issues of depression and suicide into the light as thousands of participants walk together to turn heartbreak into hope for tomorrow. Every step they take and dollar raised for the event will help AFSP continue to develop research and educational programs that will benefit those affected by mood disorders and suicide.

We are in need of volunteers with bicycles to be a part of the Crew who support Walkers along the Route. These volunteers will be put on the Trail Sweep Team and will be tasked with ensuring that the Walkers are safe by assisting at difficult intersections and alerting Walkers to dangerous situations along the route.

You can register and find out additional information about the event at www.theovernight.org. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or need assistance registering.

Sincerely,
    Roze

Roze Mota, Crew Coordinator
    Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk
    p: (202) 449-3600 ext 106
    roze.mota@theovernight.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check this out.

How do we sign up to volunteer as a cyclist? Contact you by email?
    Last edited by baiskeli; 03-28-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about it too, but have commited to bike marshal the 108 mile route for the Tour de Cure in Reston on the 2nd. Have to be there by 6 am and it's an hour ride from home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    I thought about it too, but have commited to bike marshal the 108 mile route for the Tour de Cure in Reston on the 2nd. Have to be there by 6 am and it's an hour ride from home.
    Guess you'll just have to pedal faster....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acc View Post
    Guess you'll just have to pedal faster....
    That would be my version of 24 hours of booty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    I'll check this out.

How do we sign up to volunteer as a cyclist? Contact you by email?
    Great, I'm glad that you want to participate! To register, you can go to www.theovernight.org and click on "register." Use the code "coaches" to get 30% off your registration fee. Or you can email me at roze.mota@theovernight.org if you have any questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    That would be my version of 24 hours of booty.
    Consularrider, here's 24 hours of booty: This is my friend, Coach Gleason. He lives around here. You may have encountered him last summer at the "games." He rode 340 miles in 24 hours. Seriously. Oh yeah, he's well into his 50s.

Last edited by acc; 03-29-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Consularrider, here's 24 hours of booty: This is my friend, Coach Gleason. He lives around here. You may have encountered him last summer at the "games." He rode 340 miles in 24 hours. Seriously. Oh yeah, he's well into his 50s.
    He's just a young whippersnapper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OOTD Overnight Walk View Post
    Great, I'm glad that you want to participate! To register, you can go to www.theovernight.org and click on "register." Use the code "coaches" to get 30% off your registration fee. Or you can email me at roze.mota@theovernight.org if you have any questions.
    Just to help inform, there is a $1,000 minimum fundraising effort associated with registering as a walker.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to help inform, there is a $1,000 minimum fundraising effort associated with registering as a walker.
    Although Walkers do have a minimum fundraising requirement of $1000, there is NO fundraising requirement for Crew. Let me know if you have any questions! roze.mota@theovernight.org.