Page 231 of 331 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3303

Thread: Post your ride pics

Post Thanks / Like

the flowers along the C&O were fantastic! Anywhere the sun could peak through the trees they lined either edge of the trail. And the fragrance was a bonus!

2. Likes KayakCyndi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
    the flowers along the C&O were fantastic! Anywhere the sun could peak through the trees they lined either edge of the trail. And the fragrance was a bonus!
    Well that seals the deal. Sounds like commuting home via the canal is a must!

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    Whee! Love the flowers at trail's edge.

Vegetation? KILL IT ALL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KayakCyndi View Post
    Well that seals the deal. Sounds like commuting home via the canal is a must!

not quite as many inside the beltway, but better than the asphalt.

Post Thanks / Like

So you're saying I should go home via Whites Ferry? Alas not going to happen today ....

7. Likes consularrider liked this post
    Dislikes rcannon100 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KayakCyndi View Post
    So you're saying I should go home via Whites Ferry? Alas not going to happen today ....
    amateur

9. Likes wheels&wings, dbb, rcannon100 liked this post
    ELITE KayakCyndi ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All this canal talk:

11. Likes kwarkentien, vern, Dickie, vvill, dcv and 4 others liked this post
    PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

The bullhorn guy at the Pennsylvania Avenue pedestrian plaza, in front of the White House. I haven't seen him in a couple years. If you've heard him, you probably remember him. He doesn't seem to be protesting or promoting anything in particular, although this time he was speaking a lot about the Bible, but also other topics.

What makes him notable is that he uses the bullhorn, and launches into continuous, stream-of-consciousness ramblings. Sometimes he latches onto an actual topic, like the Bible and God, and occasionally some social or political topic, but at other times, he is playing strange word games or just speaking because he likes to hear himself speak. For example, even though he started talking about the Bible, he started to ramble on like this: Bless you. Bless me. Bless the tree. Bless me, bless me. In the past, I've heard him speak for well over 10 or 15 minutes straight. Just rapid-fire talking on the bullhorn, flowing into different groupings of sentences. (I wouldn't call them true topics.)

He was carrying two separate bullhorns this time, plus he was riding a bike. I hadn't seen the bike before. He never has any posters or pamphlets that I can remember. Just his mouth and the bullhorn and plenty of air. I guess he's like the D.C. version of one of the carnival characters who hang out at Times Square in NYC or on one of the popular beaches in L.A. He's our oddball who gives the District its unique character. There are plenty of other protesters for various causes, all across the political spectrum. Most of them are coherent and they have a particular point to make. I'm still not sure what this guy's point is other than a few general sentences about the Bible, but mostly off-the-wall stuff that sounds more like free-verse hipster poetry to me.

Maybe there is more than one guy who does this, as part of some odd missionary project. It's possible that it was a different guy in the past. But how many people hang out on the pedestrian plaza in front of the White House with a bullhorn (or two) and go on and on with these stream-of-consciousness verbal waterfalls? This isn't "a thing," is it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015 05-06_182213 Bullhorn guy.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	8516
    Last edited by PotomacCyclist; 05-07-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Peace on earth

14. Likes kwarkentien, KLizotte, vern, dcv, Boo Boo and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Peace in my house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7887.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	8546

16. Dislikes Steve O disliked this post